Chapter 53

Stubborn Love - Lumineers

Sleep On The Floor - Lumineers

___________________________

The plane ride is dreary. I felt like I was in a movie, the part where the all is lost moment happens, gray clouds covering the windows to the point you could barely see the wing of the plane. The dark clouds don't lighten up the entire ride, they stay with he plane all the way to Denver.

I feel like a part of me was left behind in Bradford and in a way I guess that would be a correct thing to say. I turn my phone on as the plane lands and stare at the time. Waiting for everyone to shuffle off the plane and to follow them to baggage claim.

Waiting for my bags to come I stare at the floor. I don't even have any thoughts honestly. I feel empty as I stare at the ground. A week or two without Zayn, I can manage. It's not nearly as bad as I think it will be.

"Jules!" I snap myself out of my blank hypnosis and turn to see the blonde couple walking towards me with wide smiles on their faces. I force a smile on my face to greet the happy couple. I don't feel like smiling right now.

"Hey guys." I open my arms to hug Sarah and then Niall. Niall glances around the airport in confusion, his blue eyes flickering around at everyone who stands around the baggage claim carousel.

"How was Bradford?" Sarah's bright eyes and smile beam on me. I shrug, letting my shoulders sink further than they were originally resting.

"You know. It was a good trip for Zayn." I don't say the statement firmly, I don't know if it was a good trip for Zayn. Who knows if it's really going to do well. I just would hope it's for the best.

"Speaking of, where is Zayn?" Niall looks to me now, "Is he hiding from me?" He jokes lightly. My smile softens at his words.

"Zayn's um... He's coming back a bit later than expected." I look to Sarah who sees my need of avoiding the subject.

"Well let's get your bags and head home!" She cheerfully interrupts Niall who is about to speak. Niall notices my sullen look and decides not to continue his questions. 

This is one of the few times I am thankful for Sarah being able to keep up a conversation with herself. She speaks about her week and all the things that have transpired in the past few days that I have been gone. Niall joining in and the two holding the conversation. 

Neither seem to mind too much that I'm not contributing. Sarah knows me well and knows when to have a conversation with me and when not too.

Getting my bags we finally leave the airport. Walking through the large parking garage to make our way to Niall's car. Tossing my bags into the trunk I get into the back seat, the two front doors shutting as Niall and Sarah hop in.

"Are you interested in partying tonight Jules?" Niall asks, his eyes focused on the road as he gets us out of the airport.

"I just kind of finished getting out of a car accident I don't-"

"Well you don't have to drink. I mean... you don't have to go either. I just haven't been out with you in a while." Sarah chimes in, causing the shaking of my head to stop. "Louis will be there. It's a small get together, I promise. Not like an actual party." She assures.

"Where is it?" I ask, staring out the window at the passing lights. My eyes focus on the front range, admiring the beautiful mountains that have pulled their way out of the ground to be here.

"I think it's at Lou's new place." Niall says, taking an exit towards Boulder. "It's kind of a welcome back party for Louis. House warming." He explains.