Chapter 62

Ready to Change - Kodaline

___________

The quiet surrounding is eerie and calming. The wooden two story house is gorgeous set against the lake behind it. The wood is fresh and almost a golden brown color that screams the fact you are up in the mountains.

The neighbors are not too far away, but a decent distance you still had your own space. The calming scent of fresh air and slight lake water calms me.

"So do you want to share the master bedroom with me?" Charles smirks at me as he walks past. 

I glare at him as Erica comes up and smacks him on the back of his head. Charles makes an audible 'ow' noise and winces as he touches the back of his head.

"Leave her alone Charles. I'm surprised she hasn't tried hitting you. We did just spend several months traveling across the states to find out you know exactly where Zayn is but won't share it." Erica sighs, walking with her bags towards the house.

Opening the green front door it opens up to a simple house. Sure it was beautiful and most of it was open, but it wasn't as fancy or elegant as I was expecting.

And I like it that way. It's simple yet spacious, it's somewhere I would like to picture going with my parents when I was younger. Family time, quality time away from the internet and electronics.

"Maybe you should seduce Charlie, he'd tell you if you were withholding sex." Erica mumbles as she walks past me.

I scoff and roll my eyes and she laughs.

"Come on Jules, we will share the master bedroom, if you want that is. If not there are two other rooms to pick from." her breathing is heavy as she ascends the wooden staircase.

"Sure, sleepover." I shrug, following Erica up the stairs with my bags. 

The master bedroom is a decent size, a nice king sized bed with a heavy comforter over the white sheets. The large bay window allowing light to filter into the room.

"I'm going to go get more bags out of the car. Feel free to walk around if you want." Erica says on her way back out the door and down the stairs.

I stare out at the water for a long period of time until I finally find myself outside on the porch now. I gaze out on the water. It's so clear and clean, reflecting the sky and trees back up.

I slowly make my way towards the water, the summer sun not nearly as hot as it was in Boulder. The trees growing tall and reaching for the sky.

It's all beautiful and I hate to admit that I truly do feel disconnected from the world. In a good way.

Like I could be a person who isn't heartbroken.

Like a person that hasn't been searching for a guy who doesn't want to be found.

Like a person who wasn't stuck on one guy.

I felt different up here, like I could be different.

I walk towards the waters edge. Dipping a toe in, I step a bit further, letting my feet submerge into the slightly murky lake water.

I feel myself calm with the cool contrast of the water and warm sun that touches my skin. It's different than the ocean, it's more in touch with nature here.

The birds chirping around me, the cooler fresh crisp air that touches my skin and lungs, the chirping of insects, the trees that keep the sun from being so hot.

It's beautiful, it's relaxing.

I take another step into the water, lifting my chin to the sky and letting out another deep breath.