Chapter 47

Echo - Jason Walker

Eggshells - Aqualung

Medicine - Daughter

_______________________

Zayn's POV

"Juliet, wait!" I raise my voice now in the quiet house. 

Shit. 

Fuck.

And how was I going to explain all this stuff to her now? If this is anything like all the other times, her idea of listening has gone out the window. All that is in her head is a list of things she's angry about.

I stand up, sending Melanie an apologetic look as I chase after Juliet. I rush around the corner to see her frozen at the door. I slow down my steps, slowly walking up to the door.

"Shut up Nate!" I hear her laughter. I feel my body tense and everything in me... revert.

"Waliyha?" I yell all too loudly. Her eyes snap to me, her eyes looking terrified at the sight of me. Nate has a casual smile on his face, looking at me.

Everything freezes for a moment. I take in Nate who is smiling at my sister, Waliyha who is smiling at him - aside from this moment now. Now slowly, it starts to unfreeze - things in slow motion. They are staring at me. She is scared, surprised, shocked... He is... smug.

"What the hell do you think you're doing with me sister!" I'm yelling, throwing him against the wall - now having Nate pinned up against the wall outside the house. My fists tightly gripping his shirt.

His eyes are wide and surprised by my act of aggression. But slowly his eyes fall into amusement as a smile begins to spread onto his face.

He's just smiling at me and I feel something sick spread through my body. "You fucker." I hiss at him, pulling him away from the wall and slamming him back against it.

"Zayn stop!" Waliyha is begging now.

Begging, I'm disgusted that my sister would beg for him. I used to fill myself with guilt for what I did to Nate, that I would take it back in anyway possible. But now, no sorrow or guilty is in me as I stare at his face - just rage.

"She is five years younger than you!" I shout into his face. 

He is not phased by me holding him to a wall, ready to beat the living daylights out of him. But I am ready. I'm just as ready to hit him as I was when he was hurting Juliet.

"Hit me then Zayn." He smiles at me. Coaxing me, wanting me to hit him - and I know it. "Show my mom who you really are." He laughs in my face.

"Zayn!" Waliyah is almost on the verge of crying now, pulling on my arm to release him. It isn't anything, her strength of pulling on my arm barely phases me.

"What the hell is this?" I demand looking to her now, turning my attention to my little sister who is on the verge of tears.

"Let him go and I'll explain!" She promises, frantic for me to release him.

I look to behind Waliyha where Juliet stares with tears in her eyes, her hands tightly balled in fists by her side. And Melanie, who stares at the two of us with wide eyes.

I let out a deep breath, closing my eyes and collecting myself. I slowly release Nate's shirt and take a step back.

"Are you okay?" I hear Waliyha's panicked voice. I open my eyes as she looks him over - Nate. My eyes still glaring at the pathetic acting he puts on as he looks shaken up from my actions.