Chapter 14- Part 1

Austin's POV

When we walked into the restaurant, I went up to the desk & I told the woman that I have a reservation under my last name. She finds it in the book and she tells me that we have to wait a minute while they finish clearing off a table. The lady walks away from us and I talk to Talia.

"Okay, please follow me." The woman says when she comes back.

I take Talia's hand and interlock our fingers, then we follow the lady back to our table. We have a table in the back corner and all the lighting in the restaurant is dim. It's a C-shaped booth and Talia & I both sit down next to each other.

"Your server should be with you in a minute." The lady says as she hands us both a menu.

Talia and I both look over the menu & try to figure out what we want.

A girl walks up to us with her head down and she says, "Hi my name is Skylar and I'll be your server today."

She looks up and my face changes from happy to kind of annoyed. I can't believe it's her. It's Skylar, my ex...the one from Alex's Christmas Eve party. She's still crazy. God why does she have to work here?

I'm holding Talia's hand under the table and I feel her squeeze my hand. I rub my thumb over her hand telling her it's okay.

"Austin? What are you doing here?" She says.

"Um just here for a visit." I say, kind of lying in a way.

"How long are you in San Antonio for?" Skylar asks.

"Just today." I say lying.

I'm here for tomorrow & I have a show tomorrow night, then I play a show in Houston the day after that. I wasn't going to tell her that though.

"Okay. Well anyway, are you two ready to order?" She asks.

"Yeah." I say.

Talia and I both order, then Skylar walks away. Finally.

"Austin-" Talia says but I cut her off.

"I know that Skylar's our waitress and I know that's weird, but don't worry about it babe. There is nothing between Skylar and I anymore, I can't stand her. The only person I love is you babe." I say.

"Okay Austin." Talia says.

I kiss her cheek and I smile, & she smiles back.

Talia and I talk for a little bit. Skylar brought us our drinks & we're waiting for our food now.

I take out my phone and Talia & I take a couple selfies together. I like the one of me kissing her cheek and she's blushing & smiling.

I open up my Instagram app and I post that picture with the caption,

"Love this girl so much😘"

I share the picture on twitter too and then I put my phone back in my pocket.

After a couple more minutes, Skylar brings us our food and then she leaves.

Talia and I eat our dinner & we talk a little bit. After we're done eating, I get Skylar to come over & I ask for the check. I leave a small tip on the table and Talia & I walk up to the front desk where you pay. Some restaurants you pay differently.

I pay for our dinner and then I talk Talia's hand & interlock our fingers. We walk out of the restaurant and we go over to the elevator. I press the button and when the elevator doors open, we both step in & I press our floor number.

When we get into our room, Talia grabs her pajamas & a couple other things then she goes into the bathroom. I change into basketball shorts and a tanktop, then I get Talia's birthday present out of my bag.

Her present's in a fairly big bag. I got her favorite candy, a dress that she really wanted (when we went shopping, she tried it on and then she gave it back to me & I looked at the size, then I went back the next day and got it for her), and I got her a necklace that says her name on it & it has tiny real diamonds in all the letters.

I sit on the bed and I take out my phone. I decide to go on Twitter & Instagram while I wait for Talia to be done.