"You made your mother worried." He whispers and walked behind me just to wrap his arms around me. "Do you need to go back to your house?" He sadly asked and I knew he didn't want me to go so I shook my head. He placed his chin on my head and exhale deeply again. "You smell so good." I bit my lower lip from grinning like a stupid person.

"Want to head to my home?" He asked and turned my head behind with his hand. He then, out of nowhere pecked my lips and smiled sweetly at me. My heart didn't disappoint me and started to beat as fast as it ever had. I've never seen him smile much before because his face was always shadowed by sorrow whenever I could glance at him. "We can talk, watch a movie or something, cause I'm not planning to waste any time by sleeping when I finally got you." He said and caressed my cheek. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing my body to his.

"Sure." I reached forward to kiss him again, his lips are hard to resist. I blushed at my bold actions and buried my face in his chest since it's only where I can reach.

"Do you want to run in the wolf form or do you prefer walking?" He asked and I placed my chin on his hard chest as I looked up.

"I wanna walk." I shyly mumbled cause I don't him to see me naked when I take off my clothes. It will be so embarrassing.

"Whatever you want baby but remember that you can't hide this pretty little body of yours from me for long." He smirked at me, reading my mind, and blushed 50 shades of red at his statement.

"I don't know what you are talking about." I shrugged, looking anywhere but his face, and he barked out a loud laugh at my antics.

"I'm looking forward to exploring you for the rest of my life." He mumbled and place a kiss on my forehead. I giggled and pulled away from him because if we stay close like this for even a minute longer, we'll spend the whole night here, in each other's arms. Not that I'm complaining but I don't want him to get a cold.... Who am I kidding? I'll freeze my ass first if I stay here any longer.

"Let's go, babe." Alpha wrapped his arm around my waist and engulfed my small body under his huge one. 

"Happy birthday." My mate whispered and a huge smile was plastered on his face.

"How did you know it was my birthday," I asked confusingly. I'm sure he's not the one who sent the message in the morning...... right?

"I heard your mom say it on the phone earlier." He said while grinning. "My apologies for eavesdropping." He didn't look sorry to me. The grin was still plastered on his face and I would love to see it every day

"It's fine... and thank you," I said and concentrated more on his heavenly scent. "It's after midnight so my birthday was yesterday." He huffed and looked away childishly.

"Whatever." He said and I cooed at the cute pout that was placed on his beautiful face.

Few minutes passed by in silence. This feels amazing. 

"You turned 21 today. This the best day of my life." I watched in amusement and his dreamy gaze. Now I think about it..... It suddenly hit me...

"You- I-" I felt so overwhelmed suddenly and stopped walking suddenly. He waited for me for 9 years and here I was thinking to find my mate sooner. I got teary and watched his eyes widen.

"What happened, Karter? You okay baby?" I felt him cup my face and saw him watch me with worried eyes. This made me even more emotional.

"Yo-You waited for me for so long!" He looked confused. "I'm so sorry for making you wait that long." He shook his head with a smile on his face.

"I don't care anymore about the time I waited for you because I finally have you in my arms. Even after 8 years, I still feel the luckiest man on the planet," He said while his eyes were shining as he looked at me with the sweetest smile. "Because the Moon Goddess blessed me with you." Tears ran down my cheeks and he waited no more to kiss them away. "The wait was worth it."