Chapter 2

Tell me your thoughts about the chapter in the comments. 

Karter

"Ma let's go there too!" My 5-year-old self said to what seemed like my mother.

"Alright, wait for me and take my hand." She said, but for some reason, I couldn't see her face. Space where her neck and face should be, all I could see was thick fog. Her hands were as pale as snow and cold when she extended them for me to hold them.

"Ma, why can't I see you?" I asked curiously.

"Why baby? I'm right here in front of you. See, you are holding my hand." She said the same thing again. I can't count how many times I asked her this question but never got the answer I was looking for. She thinks I'm stupid... and now I was frustrated.

"NO! I'm talking about your face! You never tell me." I shouted at her, but she didn't say anything.

"Now Karter, we shouldn't be too greedy right? We should be happy with what we have and what we can SEE." She said before walking with me again.

"NO! Why Am I not allowed to see you?" I said with tears in my eyes. I heard her sigh and I knew what she was going to say I was not going to like, so I...ran and fell.

I fell from my bed with a loud thud and a headache, again. It's exhausting to see the same dream every night.

"Not again..." I whispered to myself. I stood up and laid on my bed before taking the aspirin and water I prepared last night. This has been happening to me since I turned 19. Almost 2 years...I've been seeing the same dream, I have been falling off my bed. It was exhausting, so I started to prepare medicine just in case. I talked to many pack doctors regarding this matter and they all said these are just recurring dreams.

Recurring dreams usually mean there is something in your life you've not acknowledged and it is causing stress of some sort. The dream repeat because you have not corrected the problem. But I don't even know what my "supposed problem" is, so how can I solve it. I've cried, called for help but nothing. It's eating me inside, making me hollow. I wish I could see her face...

Getting up from my bed, I made my way towards the bathroom to start my day. I brushed my teeth and took a cold shower so I can come back to my senses. Doing the same thing every day is exhausting. I chose to wear a simple white tee with black tight jeans from my small closet. Just like my closet, my room is small but comfortable and cozy. 

I got dressed and went to the kitchen to have some breakfast. Our kitchen is fairly small but can accommodate our family of four well. Opening the fridge, I saw it tightly packed, full of food. I took out bacon, eggs, and bread. Simple breakfast it is then.

After eating, my mama called me to help her with housework. Yes, I call her mama, she is the best mom ever. 

"Vacuum the house first and then there are dirty dishes in the kitchen to wash." She said as she moved around the living room to collect dirty clothes my brother left.

"Okay, mama," I replied and got to do my work. I vacuumed and went to our kitchen to see dishes overflowing the sink. Sighing, I put the rubber gloves on my hands and started to do the work. I felt a slight ache in my back from standing for so long while vacuuming and dishwashing. I hope after that I don't have any work to do so I can spend some time with myself.

"Kar, why don't you collect laundry from the rooms while I finish cleaning the living room?" Mama said as she was dusting our television. I just retreated from the kitchen and slowly walked to the front door when she spoke up