Chapter 50

SignorinaAnon, Thank you for voting, love!

"So, what do you think? Did you find something?" Ivan spoke as he sat with Karter beside him, talking to Tom, the doctor who was in charge of the morgue, about the rouge bodies that were found. He had woken up early that morning to go for a light run. When he went for the check-up after the barbeque, he made sure the doctor knew what he did that night, so they knew he was not being careful with his injuries. The doctors were really angry and concerned, especially now that it set back the healing for about another week. He had no one but himself to blame, so he just took their rants about him not being responsible for his legs. 

After the run, he came back and ate a light breakfast Sophia prepare for the both of them. He spent some time with Karter snuggling and going through the videos of them together. It was relaxing, especially after the stressful weeks, they had gone through. Tom had mind linked them to report about the bodies, as it was long overdue now. They had to work quickly, so Tom asked if he could visit his office and then they can leave for the hospital together. Karter insisted on going too, so Ivan had no choice. Now, they sat in Ivan's office as the doctor informed them.

"It was all as we expected. After examing their bodies, all of them had their legs broken, probably a punishment for running away. As we found high levels of adrenaline in their blood, it was clear there was a threat chasing them down." Ivan and Karter were both listening intently. Karter was writing down the main points in his little notepad for later so he could go over them and look for something suspicious. 

"There were numerous lacerations all over their bodies, not deep enough to kill, but enough so they would bleed and die a slow death.  It was a torturous process. Here's what we got from the autopsy. All the bodies died similar deaths. All of them were chased and we noticed the skin of their feet is all ripped off. They bludgeoned them to death probably because they were not dying fast enough. That's all. They had a mix of herbs rubbed all over them to erase any of the remaining scents." Tom informed them while looking over the documents to see if he missed anything. 

"I don't know what to think of it. Why were their bodies on our land? Is this a sign or warning?" Ivan sighed.

"It couldn't be because we are investigating them, right?" Karter spoke up. He had been thinking about all of these incidents taking place at some convenient timing. He was suspicious. "I'm pretty sure they are the same people. Dorothy, I want to look at the bodies. I want to see if I can see through them." He suggested. 

"No. You are not trying that again. What if something happens to y-" Ivan interrupted with a frown on his face. Now that the situation in the pack was in chaos, he didn't want to take any risks, but his mate had other plans in mind.

"What other option do we have Ivan? How long are we going to pretend that we don't have any choice. You know what we have to do, and you are not alone. We are going to get through it with the help of everyone, and I mean it." Karter took his mate's hand and squeezed it in reassurance. Ivan was still on edge about everything, and the fear of the unknown kept a tight noose around his neck. But he took courage and decided to trust the people around him. 

"Okay."

-------------------------

"Do I have to be here? I mean it's not like I'm needed. I can stand guard outside." Alex said with a hand covering his mouth. He had a surprisingly weak stomach when it came to gore and blood. Even though he was a fierce warrior, he tried very hard to defeat his opponent without any body parts spilling out of them.

"Pussy." Killian muttered with a smirk on his face that was instantly wiped out by the elbow to his ribs. Alex glared at him and in no time, they were on the floor tackling each other. Ivan turned around and shot them a stern glare that gave them all the scolding they needed. They stood up, dusted their clothes, and stood like model children. The Alpha sighed and looked at his mate who was getting ready to perform his...ritual?... power?... ability.