Chapter 43

This chapter is dedicated to killuasbaki. Thank you for leaving comments!❤

(A/N (DaddyToYourBitch): Hi, the paid writer here, aka the sister. I made a map for the pack and was hoping it will help you with some placing and perspective of the places. You can completely ignore it, or use it, up to you. But lemme know how you like it. -Obviously the prettier one.)

(A/N (Bitchycookies): Even though she's a pain in the ass, paying her to write this story was the best decision I've ever made. -Dazzlingbeauty69)

Karter's bloodied feet tapped the marbled floor leaving imprints of his fight that ended with him humiliating an Alpha. He dragged his tired body from corridors with one destination in mind, so when he looked up, he saw the letters scribing his mate's name. He was in Ivan's hospital room. With a heavy sigh, he entered through the automatic door, not even surprised by the sight. 

On the bed, he saw his mate's unconscious body, and the facade of the strong leader he was portraying to his pack broke. Hot tears trailed down his face and tiny sobs broke out from his throat. He could no longer hold himself up and lunged at Ivan's bed with whatever strength he had left. He reached his bed but slid down on the floor so as to not disturb the mountain of machines attached to his body. 

"Why, why, why! Why are you not waking up?! I'm- I'm tired now Vania." He cried loudly to his mate who couldn't even hear his pleas, let alone respond to him. He sobbed and sobbed on the floor until the nurses came to the room and begged him to let them clean up his wounds after seeing the blood. He shook his head and got up. 

He knew he promised William that he would go to parents' house but right now he just wanted to be alone. Barefooted with only a blanket covering his body, he made his way home.

Trudging towards the bedroom, he let his mind think of the moments he spent together with his mate. They all reminded him of how much Ivan loved and cared for him. They have shared so many beautiful moments that he can't even count them all even if his life depended on it. 

He entered the shower the moment he reached the door to his bedroom. He wanted to wash off every single that happened in the past week, the stress and hurt he had experienced. He decided to shut off his mind and let himself have a moment of peace. He wore a navy blue sweater of Ivan that still held his smell and boxer shorts. He lay in bed and tried to lull himself to sleep but couldn't. Then at that moment, he remembered something. He went to his walk-in closet and looked for a cardboard box that held all kinds of things, but what he was looking for took some finding.  

Satisfied with finding the object working, he went to the living room with a blanket and set up everything. He lay down on the couch and started watching the LED TV that was connected to a rusty-looking camcorder. Ivan got the camcorder as a present when he was a teenager and he found it again a month ago. So, they decided to record some of their life with it to look back on it. He didn't know he would be looking back at it in this situation. 

He watched as the video started playing where Ivan was teaching Karter how to cook. With the recorder in his hands, Karter was filming Ivan chopping the vegetables they needed to make some chicken soup. 

Flashback

"Ivan, I really don't think I can cook, so you sure you don't mind your precious kitchen burning down?" Karter muttered while looking at the lens of the camcorder and then pointing it at Ivan who made a silly face at it which made the Omega laugh out loud.