Chapter 4

^^^ Pack Beta Alexander (Yum Yum!)

Ivan

I managed to finish the paperwork and it's 1:45 now. Not bad. I only have a meeting with the elders and my parents at lunch and then I'm free for the rest of the day. I decided not to go to any pack to search for my mate today and spend my day with myself. I planned to go to a secret hideout with Alexi and play in our wolf forms. We'll go for a run afterward and sleep in the small cabinet at the edge of our territory. 

It's been a while since I felt this excited to spend my day. The past few years were spent in depressing and lonely thoughts. I think I deserve this free day without any thoughts about not finding my mate. Even if I never find my mate, Alexi will be the only person I want in my life. I can say that now that he is the most precious person to me and I will do anything in my power to keep this dude by my side for the rest of my life. If I lose him, my life will be over. He has been keeping me sane for the past years, I don't know what will I be without him. 

My dear Alex...... I remember the day when I went crazy and made a mess of my mansion. It was when I was 26, 4 years ago. Frustration got the best of me when I failed to find my mate even after 5 years. I remember being so angry at myself, thinking I'm not good enough to have someone to love and protect with my life. I recall the memory and see myself hating the Moon Goddess and cursing her, calling her names. The next thing I see myself is begging on my knees for her to give me that blessing with tears running down my face. I could only see red as I destroyed everything I had. All the mirrors were shattered. All the furniture was broken. Alex came to my room after I cried for hours, his eyes wide from shock. He saw me laying down on the floor with shattered pieces of glass surrounding me. I was sobbing furiously and my vision was blurry. He quickly knelt down, his own tears were threatening to fall as he looked at me. That was the most pathetic memory I've ever had of myself and it is disturbing as fuck. I and Alexi spent that night crying on the floor with sharp pieces of glass under us. He told me that I'll find my mate and that I deserve this. He kissed my forehead and continued muttering that he'll stay with me no matter if I find my mate or not. I stayed at our cabinet because my mansion was getting fixed up after the episode I had. Alex stayed with me for a whole week while still managing the pack when I couldn't. He forced me to sleep, eat, and stay hygienic. 

"Let's go, Alpha. Your parents and the elders are waiting for you in the meeting room." Alex stood at my door with a smile as he spoke.

"Yeah, I'll be there." With a sigh, I got up from my seat and stretched for a minute.

"You okay, Ivan?" His voice dripped with concern as he looked at me.

"I'm fine, just thinking," I said, hoping he won't push this topic any further.

"Oh.. Okay. We are gonna have so much fun today. I'm so proud of you for taking this decision." He softly said and I could feel the love he was emitting through his words. I nodded with a genuine smile and walked down the stairs with him following behind.

I don't know what's this 'meeting' is about and why they were so eager to have it today. My parents and five elders of the pack were sitting in the living room, talking to each other in a hushed voice. 

"My baby." My papa stood up as soon as he saw me and rushed to me. "You have lost weight, honey." He cupped my face and plastered kisses on my cheeks. "Come around for dinner sometimes, Ivan. We miss you so much, baby." I chucked at him and slightly bent down kissed his forehead since he is a lot shorter than me.

"I have been busy, papa but I promise I'll stop by on Friday." He happily nodded and I moved towards my Dad who engulfed me in a tight hug.

"I was happy to hand over all the responsibility of the pack to you, son. But try not to overwork yourself." He patted my back and smiled widely at me. "We are proud of you." Pride spreads inside me whenever I hear these words from him.