Chapter 31

"Alpha Balck?" A woman's voice came from the device Milo handed him. Her tone was stern, bold, and high.

"That's him." Ivan answered after clearing his throat. A nervous chill ran down his spine when he took in the situation. A part of him still hasn't comprehended that he was attending a call directly from The Council.

"Make sure that this conversation is only heard by trusted ears." She said firmly.

"Yes, please continue." Ivan replied after his eyes ran across the room. Karter, Alex, his parents, and the Elders were seated with their own eyes trained at him. He obviously trusted the individuals with him since he put the call on speaker for everyone to hear. He had politely asked the others to leave before proceeding with the call.

"I'm Rita Gracia, co-founder of The Council. Without beating around the bush, we would like to invite you and your mate to our headquarters to discuss the recent events. If I remember correctly, we sent an invitation weeks ago for the same reason but were met with a request for delay." She did not sound pleasant. 

Her voice gave the impression that she was definitely upset by his actions. Ivan knew she was an Alpha wolf but even if he didn't, her tone gave away her rank. Ivan's posture fought to cower but his own Alpha refused to back off. 

"I'm aware that The Concile wishes to be informed about every little detail about every pack, but Ma'am, I have the impression that the respected Concile is oblivious to the individual management which is quite important if you ask me." Ivan held a snicker because honestly, he was incredibly tired to keep his sass in control. The grin he was wearing immediately left his face when he saw the heated glare of his parents and the Elder. 

"We gave you enough time for the individual management, young Alpha." She sternly spoke. Ivan's blood boiled at the comment. No matter who refers to him as a 'young Alpha', his anger spikes every time. She's playing her cards right. His intentions were never to disrespect but the man was getting fed up with everyone breathing down his neck. 

"He means that we understand your need to know the pack affairs Rita but you, of course, know that it was a delicate and confusing matter to reveal to anyone in the beginning." Alpha Lucas piped in. Ivan's head jerked towards his father and showed him how displeased he was with the interruption. 

'You don't need to come to my recuse, dad!' Ivan linked him sharply. 

'So you admit that you were in the state of being recused?' Lucas spoke audaciously. 

'I can hold my own.' Ivan sneered at him which made Lucas roll his eyes.

"Thank Goddess you are here Lucas, I have never doubted your teaching towards your pup but it seems like he's a bit rash in this situation since his mate is concerned." Her voice became more soft and relaxed when she heard the other Alpha. 

"My son is capable in every way, Rita. Surely, he will handle this matter with wit, mate or not." William grinned when the man backed their son with confidence. Ivan was also pleased by the comment. 

"I trust you, Lucas." She sighed. "Even if you find it hard to believe, The Concile is also receiving pressure from everywhere. I'm going to exclude all of the formalities and demand a meeting as soon as possible, Alpha Black. You and your mate are expected to stay in the quarters from 3rd till 11th October." Ivan looked at his father with shock on his face.

"That's a long time Rita, we can't stay away from our pack for a week." Ivan carefully answered, his father had warned him that it is necessary that they don't want to give them the time to figure out the situation and then control their actions. "We can brief The Concile on the 3rd and head back to home the next day. You understand that my people need my presence at this time." As practiced, Ivan answered.