Chapter 29

Marlon Teixeira as Milo Adler.

It was 7 in the morning when Killian's surgery finally finished. His large wolf form was accommodated by a large bed as he was strolled out of the operating room. Ivan watched the whole procedure and walked out, matching every step with the doctor. He linked his parents to leave the waiting room so they can catch a small glance before Killian is moved to the ICU. The couple was relieved to see Killian and finally breathed a sigh of relief. There was a machine that was making him breathe until he could handle it on his own. There were numerous patches on his body where the injuries were but at least he looked alive. 

Ivan could only see him through the glass as the other doctors monitored his wellbeing. After making sure that Killian was safe in the hands of professionals, he sent his parents home so they'll get some rest since he knew they were planning to stay with the wolf until he recovers. Ivan informed Alex about Killian's progress and then went to Karter's room to tell him the news in person. As he walked, the Alpha felt a slight ache in his neck and a little fatigue in his body. Ivan knew he could go a few days without sleeping and any rest due to the strict schedule he had before Karter came into his life. 

He opened the door of Karter's room and met with a delightful sight of the two sleeping wolves. Kayne's head was leaning on Karter's shoulder. It was made possible only because the bed was inclining. As he got closer, he saw the Beta wolf was drooling on his mate's shoulder so he decided to wake him up. He place his hand on Kayne's shoulder and lightly shook him. The Beta snapped his head up and he looked around frantically. 

"Oh- sorry." Kayne relaxed when he saw Ivan and wiped the corner of his mouth. "How's Killian?" He asked and pressed a button so Karter's bed will rest back. 

"He got out of surgery. Being monitored in the ICU." Ivan whispered and patted Kayne's back. "Go home and rest. I'll stay with Kar." 

"Hmm, sure. I'll rest for a few hours and then come back with mum's food. I'll take care of him if you want to work." Kayne proposed as he stood from his seat. 

"I'll appreciate that. The doctor said he can go home in a few hours. You can come by in the afternoon." Kayne agreed through a nod and bent down to kiss Karter's forehead. He nodded to Ivan and exited the room. 

Ivan sat on the comfortable sofa and leaned his head back. Even though he wasn't that tired, he could use some rest since he'll face working hours ahead. Approximately 15 minutes later, someone stepped into the room which cause Ivan to look immediately. A male Alpha nurse bowed to him and walked towards Karter's bed. Ivan's alert eyes stayed on him as the nurse nervously checked Karter's vitals and drip. 

The cause behind Ivan's watchfulness was obviously the recent and tragic events but also because he wasn't familiar with this nurse. He believed that was because the shifts changed so it was his first time seeing him. Despite the trained eyes of the Alpha, the nurse continued his work, charted Karter's well-being, and left the room. After a few minutes, Karter's assigned doctor entered with the same nurse and greeted the Alpha. The doctor sat opposite Ivan after they shook hands.

"Um, Luna Karter's vitals are completely back to normal and so far he's looking really good. After a last general checkup, he can go home." Ivan nodded along with his word and gestured him towards Karter's direction. Ivan went to his mate's side and lightly shook his shoulder to bring him out of his deep slumber.

"Wake up, Kar." Ivan kissed the corner of his mouth as he stirred. After a few seconds, he fluttered his eyes open and squinted. 

"Killian?" He whispered and shakily sat up. His eyes still had bags underneath them and his hair looked incredibly tangled. Ivan helped him up and sat on the chair beside him.