Chapter 39

Shoutout to @ChosenMaddy to be the first one to vote on this chapter. 

And this chapter is dedicated to my sister who was just on the verge of death yesterday. I hope she remembers this honor in her afterlife. Amen. 

(Anything medical-related information is NOT accurate! I made up everything since they are freaking werewolves, so don't think these things work in the real world. I was talking out of my ass and fitted the medical stuff to fit the story, k bye). 

The images of the three people faded and something grabbed a hold of him and pulled him forward at an intense speed. Karter struggled to open his mouth in a scream but every effort was in vain. The desire to cry was high but he couldn't feel the sting of tears in his eyes. It took a few seconds, but it felt like hours before he was halted. 

There were blurred and inky images again, they were coming together slowly and before he knew it, he was in front of an agitated-looking Alex. Again, Alex appeared significantly young. His face was rid of any wrinkles, scars, or facial hair which were obvious on the Alex Karter knew. 

Alex had one of his hands behind the back while the other was holding Karter's. "Happy birthday!" Karter felt a warm tingling in his guts as his mouth was being lifted in a grin. 

Karter saw Alex sit on the green grass and felt him lower as well. Alex's eyes were shifty and nervous, flickered a hint of confusion in Karter before that feeling turned into shock. 

When he saw the silver beads of the bracelet shining in his eyes, Karter started to put together everything. He was surely watching Ivan's memories. Before this vision, he must have seen an older memory when his mate was considerably young. This memory though, looked familiar. Karter could remember Ivan telling him of Alex's memorable gift on his 15th birthday. What surprised him the most was the fact that he was watching them through his eyes of Ivan. He was feeling the emotions Ivan felt when he was experiencing these scenarios. 

If Karter had gotten it right, Alex will joke about stealing the present. 

"Alex... where did you get it from?" Karter heard the muffled voice of Ivan, which was higher and sounded so carefree. 

"I stole it," Ivan's (Karter's)  head was snapped in Alex's direction to see the Beta looking scared. 

A terrifying feeling was thrust into Karter's guts. He felt his thoughts running before he could get a whiff of them. Panic and shock, that's what Ivan must have felt. 

"You crazy Ivan? Do you think I'll give you something stolen on your birthday? I got it with my saved-up money, man". Suddenly, the intense panic was erased but the shock was still intact in his guts. 

"You really bought it for me?" Karter heard Ivan's voice shake and the warmth that he had felt earlier was intensified. 

"Of course. Come on, why do you look so shocked? You forgot-" Just as Karter was starting to enjoy this memory, the voice became unbearable and the image in front of his eyes again blurred. 

Karter's eye only managed to catch Ivan's young face in the puddle just a few feet away before the Alpha pulled his eyes away. His face was slightly flushed and his eyes were a little red.

"What wou- I do wi- you...Thank you" Ivan's sincere voice said.

"You'll have me for forever, Alpha." Then, Alex whispered.

Karter tried to let out a whimper when he was pulled forward again. With the same intenseness, Karter was dragged out and into another memory that contained other and different emotions of the owner. 

This time, it took a minute for Karter to settle in this specific memory. He couldn't understand the reason but there was no time to dwell as sharp panic was set in his guts. Karter wanted to look around, spot the reason behind this feeling but Ivan had his gaze set on his wet converse. Karter saw water dripping on Ivan's leg and caught sight of the grey sky and flaring trees.