Chapter 28

It was going on two days since Lilly has gone missing and Axel had found someone has been watching them, claw marks dug into the wood by the bedroom window. He hasn't left Ayliahs site since, making sure he was always close. It was easier as Ayliah wasn't working and he was working from home, only going in if he really need to and he bring Ayliah with him. Jarred and Derek continued to look for Lilly but no traces were coming up, they went and followed her scent but it led in circles and the rest drifted with the wind leaving no traces of her scent anymore. Jarred was a wreak but there wasn't anything that could be done, they have tried contacting her but her phone was shut off now and nothing remained for them to go on to find her.

Every night before he would go to bed he would do a perimeter check outside, to see if he could find anything, but he always came up empty. Then by next morning there would be new claw marks, they were teasing them and Axel was about to go off. His stress was at a all time high, never a scent around he wonder how they were blocking. Ayliah has calm down and everything went back to what it was but he couldn't the feeling there was more to come, every noise set him off to the point he would run outside to see if anyone was around.

Axel and Ayliah had just got back home from going into town to grab some groceries and stock up on some necessities, Ayliah walks straight to the kitchen to put everything away. He loved watching her move around, watch her out things away and move things around. She was comfortable here and acted like it was her home, and to him it was. To be able to come home and seeing her cooking, cleaning or just watching tv, warmed his heart at the sight. This is what he craved, someone to come home to, his mate with him to love.

Axel decided he would run a bath for her to relax in, she was up and around and it was time for her to relax. Walking past her with a kiss to the cheek, her face warming at the action has Axel smiling like a fool, he goes into the washroom to set her a hot bath. Once it was full he walks back out to the kitchen to see her finishing up putting everything away, and he leans down a bit before throwing her over his shoulders, a small squeal leaves her and he laughs at the sound.

"Axel! What the hell are you doing?," her voice full of laughter.

"You need a bath—,"

"Are you saying I stink?!," her voice of mock rage, but he could hear the laughter in it.

"Oh totally, you stink," he teases her before he smacks her ass, liking the action as he watches her ass slightly jiggle.

"Axel! Well if I stink I guess you shouldn't sleep with me, don't want you to have to suffer," she tries to say it serious, completely failing as she laughs at the end.

"Oh never babe, your stuck with me forever," he puts her down on her legs winking at her.

Each and every time he called her babe or love it sent it heart racing, she loves when he calls her that. The warmth that flows through her body, the warmth more strong in her chest, continues to grow around Axel. She was realizing she was falling him, his kindness, caring jesters never went unnoticed. The way he always took care of her, held her and even his kisses had her feelings growing for him. She didn't think, no she knew, she wouldn't be able to handle leaving him. She had a home back in Seattle, her family and friends there, but each day she spent in Blue Creek with Axel it felt like this was home, not Seattle. Each time she talked to her mom or dad and they asked when she was coming home she would push the answer aside saying she wasn't sure, but she couldn't bear the thought of leaving Axel. Just talking to her parents about going home had her heart tearing and aching in a way she never knew it could.

Firm lips on hers brought her out of her thoughts and she kisses Axel back.

"You left me there for a moment," Axel watches her, wondering what she was thinking about that had her frowning and looking sad.

"Sorry. Just daydreaming," she brushes it off, not wanting to voice her thoughts to him right now.

"Alright, well your bath is all ready so take all the time you need. I'm just going to clean up," his eyes held hers for a moment before leaving her be with a quick kiss.

Axel had finished checking outside to make sure no one was near, even shifting into his bear behind the thick trees to see if he could pick up any scents, everything coming back clear. He was laying on the bed, the tv on but he wasn't paying attention to it, his mind on who was watching them and what the hell happened to Lilly, when Ayliah walks into the room. Her body dripping wet, a thin, short, towel barely covering her body, his eyes ran over her body and he felt himself getting hard, the air whooshing out from his body.

"Ayliah," he groans out, his voice strained.

"Sorry, I, I forgot to grab some clothes," her quite and distracted as she took in his naked chest, a tent forming in his loose pyjama pants making her think back to the other day she had him in her mouth. Her legs tighten as she grows wet, the thoughts of him in her mouth running rampant in her minds. The scent of her arousal hits Axel as he takes a deep breath and lets out a low groan, his eyes glazing over and his bear was trying to push through.

"Come here," he growls out as he sits up, his bear finally pushing through and he tries to take back control, unsuccessfully.

She didn't waste a second before she stood by him, looking at him silently asking what he wants her to do next. Her chest heaving, the towel barely fit around her, a flush works up her body as she waits for his command.

"Drop the towel," he growls out, his eyes a different colour, she didn't have time to question it before her towel was ripped from her body and she gasp loudly. She has never seen this side of him, he was always caring and sweet, yet here he was being the complete opposite and it was turning her on more.

"Fuck, your perfect," His eyes ran up and down her naked body taking everything in.

"Do you want this Ayliah," his tone deep and rough, his eyes glazed over in lust and she nods.

"Words, Ayliah. Tell me what you want," he demands her, the new side of him was turning her, her mouth gone dry as her lips part in a pant.

"You Axel, I want you," her voice soft and breathlessly, and a grin covers his face as his eye darken even more as they start to glow.

Next chapter is about to get steamy again (;
This time it's Ayliahs turn.

Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed it. And if you did, please nominate Protecting His Mate in The Fiction Awards under 'The Best of the Littles'. Each nomination counts and it would be amazing to get PHM out there for other amazing readers like your self (:

If you need the link it will be in the comments, so try to show your love for PHM if you can please and thank you (:

Thanks again to the ones who have already nominated me (: xx