Chapter 9

Axel could hear the thumping of Ayliahs heart loud and clear. And he was more than ecstatic to know he effected her, as much as she had him. 

And when she smiled back, his heart went into over drive, and he just wanted to kiss her senseless. It was amazing the affects a mate can have on you.

He could practically hear his damn bear almost purring, wanting to push himself out so he could meet his mate also, and it took Axel almost all of his self control to push his bear back, and make sure his eyes didn't change, and his canines don't come out, as his bear wanted nothing more than to mark his mate. To show everyone she was taken and she was his.

But his mate was human, so he didn't want to scare her, he knew he would have to tell her and he would tell her all of it, when the time was right.

Clash.

The loud noise had caught them off guard and they finally peeled their eyes off each other to look for the source of the loud bang.

Axel was irritated that his mates attention has been cut shorter than he would like, he loved having his mates eyes on him, his bear agreeing and huffing from the intrusion.

Looking over he sees Lilly standing there, a bit shocked but a small sheepish smile on her face.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention I guess and it fell from my hands," she said though she looked a bit apologetic, she had this weird look in her eyes that Axel couldn't decipher.

"Uhh... it's fine," Ayliah says, coming out of her trance. Damn how long have they been standing there? It could have been minutes that felt like days. There was just something about this man, Axel, that had her acting like a teenage girl with her first crush.

Turning back to the said man, she notices she spilt her coffee all over her shirt. Mortified, she looks closer and notices he's the towns sheriff! No way!

Holy fudge balls, she thought.

She had practically been eye raping the towns sheriff and even spilt her coffee all over his uniform. How much more embarrassing can that be, she thought as her face flushed with embarrassment.

"Shit, I am so sorry! I didn't mean to spill my coffee all over you. Here let me grab a couple napkins to help you clean up," Ayliah sputtered our nervously. Mostly from doing that and because he had this strong affect on her that no other man had and it made her a bit nervous.

Before she could fully turn to grab him some napkins, she felt the warmth of his skin on her wrist as he held her gently but firmly.

The feeling if his large hand on tiny wrist had this feeling of warmth spreading in the area. Looking down where he held her gently, she could see how large his hand was as his fingers wrapped all the way around her wrist.

His hand weren't soft, but rough and callused, like he had another job that demanded more hands on work. They felt as though how a real mans hand should, not like the ones she has seen where she lived and they were as soft as a women's and cared for, not doing any of the hard work, just holding a pen and paper.

"It's okay, I didn't even notice it, plus like I said, it was my fault," Axel rumbles out. Loving the feeling of her soft skin underneath his rough hands, and unconsciously he started to rub the inside of her wrist with his thumb, and he could feel her pulse speed up, causing him to let out another smile, though a bit smaller, but still as powerful as he heard her breath catch.

The electrical feeling inside his body was strumming as he held his mates wrist. He would never tire of the feeling and he never wanted to let her go. A feeling of contentment settled on him, as if all were right in the world now that he had found his mate, Ayliah. His bear rumbled in agreement, pleased to finally have found their mate.

"If anything, I should be getting you another coffee. My way of apologizing," Axel says, smiling, causing yet anything flutter inside Ayliah.

God damn what is this man doing to me, she thought.

The clicking of heels had them tearing their eyes from one another, once again.

"Axel, are you okay? I brought some napkins here for you, along with your coffee and muffins and another coffee for you, Ayliah," Lilly says, though her tone was friendly, her eyes didn't seem to be when she looked at Ayliah.

Maybe Axel was Lilly boyfriend, Ayliah thought. Though it was silly, a pang of sadness washed through her body, making her heart ache just a bit, which was stupid since they literally just met!

The last thing Ayliah needed was another man around, after all the hell with Liam, she wasn't sure should could handle anymore right now.

And from the looks she's getting from Lilly, it's a clear sign of 'stay away, he's mine!' and the last thing Ayliah wanted to do was get in the middle of a couple, she knew how it felt to be cheated on and she would never wish that on another.

"Thank you Lilly, I really should be getting go. Again I'm sorry about your uniform, it was nice meeting you though sheriff," she says before giving a small wave to Lilly, getting her message loud and clear, she left the coffee shop to go to the diner to find Sarah.

She could still feel the heat of Axels eyes on her as she walked away.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and if you did don't forget to comment and vote (:

Do you think you will know what will happen?

I hope everyone has a great long weekend and Easter! I'll be back on Tuesday with another update (: