Chapter 15

Axel gripped the front door handle and turned it opening the door, that should have been locked. Taking two steps into Ayliahs place, he paused, once again breathing in to see if he could scent anything. The only scent he could smell was the delectable smell of his mate, it wrapped all around him and had goosebumps litter his arms from Ayliahs sweet smell.

Standing in the door, in front of him was the kitchen, which was empty. He turned left towards the dining room and living room, to see if anyone was there, but he already knew no one was in the house. His bear would of sensed it, but he still wanted to check.

The rooms were all dark, except the moonlight that came through the living room window, highlighting the couches and casting shadows along the walls and floor. Turning back around he goes pass the front door, continuing along the hallway towards the two last doors. Opening the first door in the hallway it lead to the washroom, which also connected to Ayliahs bedroom. Pulling the shower curtain aside, he knew no one was there, but he knew Ayliah could hear him and he wanted to check everything so she knew she would be safe and no one was here.

Ayliah heard the click of the bathroom door being closed and she knew Axel would be coming in here next. She hadn't heard anything since he had entered and figured that no one was here anymore or she would of heard him say something.

The bedroom door clicked as it slowly opened and Axel peeked his head inside, giving her a soft gentle smile, before opening it the rest of the way and taking a few steps in her room.

"Hey," he whispered as he walked closer to bed.

She sat in the middle, the blankets bunched up as she had them gripped with her fists. The tension from her body was slowly easing as Axel was with her now and she wasn't alone. Something about him and his presence made her feel safe. That she knew deep down inside he wouldn't hurt her. She was always told to trust herself, if you ever had that good or bad feeling, to trust it.

She should of trusted herself when she was with Liam. She had a bad feeling about him, that something was off and when she was with him it felt wrong, like she wasn't supposed to be with him. But she ignored it, he showed her he cared and treated her properly, being the dotting boyfriend that was expected of him, at the beginning of course. So she went against it and it ended up backfiring as she was right all along, since he had cheated on her and not just one time either.

But with Axel she didn't feel anything like that, in face she felt the opposite.

She smiled thankfully at him, before building up the courage she slide over to him and rest her head against his arm.

The small gesture warmed Axels heart and made him smile for a moment, before he remembered why he was here.

"Are you okay?," he asks her before he mentally rolled his eyes.

Of course she's not okay dumbass. Someone just broke into her house, he thought calling himself stupid.

"Honestly, now that you're here, yes," she said looking up at him through her lashes, a grateful smile gracing her lips.

They sat there in silence, each thinking about what had happened and who it may have been.

Axel wasn't sure about anything, the only person that seemed upset about her was Lilly. But he honestly couldn't see her doing something like that. It wasn't her, if she was mad at you or anything, she would let you know. Not hide around and break into peoples houses just to scare them. But then again she knows where Ayliah lives as she's the one that told her about Sarah's place. He was growing frustrated and now he knew he would have to go and talk to her again. A second time and both about his mate.

Ayliah sat there also mulling over who would do this, and her only thought was Liam. She knew he was obsessed, and didn't seem to get the point of their break up since he was stalking her before she left. But she didn't tell anyone where she was going. Just told her family and friends she was going on a much needed vacation and they accepted that. So how would Liam know she was here?

She knew Axel would ask her questions about if she knew anyone that may do something like this, and she would have to tell him about Liam when all she wanted to do was to forget about him. But she was going tell him, she wouldn't hide anything. Plus with him being a sheriff he could probably use his connections and see if Liam is still back at home, in Seattle.

She would tell him, but tomorrow. She was drained and all the adrenaline from tonight was wearing her down and she was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.

"I know you probably have a few questions you want to ask me, but can it wait until tomorrow, please?," she asked.

"Of course, you must be pretty tired," he replied, seeing the dark circles forming under her eyes.

"I'll come back tomorrow morning and we can go out for breakfast," he says as he stands up, getting ready to leave.

"Wait! Can you... can you stay the night. Here. With me?," she asks, afraid he might refuse her offer. She didn't want to be alone tonight, not with everything that already happened.

"Sure, I'll take the couch and keep an eye out for anything." He wanted to sleep with her in her bed, to hold her as he wrapped his arms around her as they slept. But with everything that happened he wanted to give her space, and he was happy just to be sleeping in the same place as her. His bear was growling in approval, glad that we could stay so he could watch and protect their mate incase anyone tries to come back.

"Thank you Axel," she says as she lies back down on the bed. Already feeling safer with Axel here with her. She would of offered him to sleep in her bed, but she didn't want to ask out of fear and embarrassment he might say no.

He walks to the head of the bed and leans down, kissing her forehead, this time she was awake and he could see the flush of her cheeks tinting.

The feel of his warm, firm, lips on her forehead caused her to blush. Her cheeks and body felt warm as her breath hitched as she slowly closed her eyes. It was like the type of kiss that a man gives a woman that he loves and cherishes, and in that moment she felt that.

Cherished.

Don't forget to comment and vote if you liked this chapter (: