Chapter 8

No more stalling (;
Every week there will be one to two updates. I will try to make more frequently (:

"Good morning!," a chippery voice says as she enters the store.

Ayliah had been dying for a real coffee, the motels wasn't something she wanted to have to even try to drink again.

So she went for a walk, exploring the small town of Blue Creek, and see if she could find a place that sold some good caffeine which was definitely needed and so she found 'Lilly's Coffee Shop'.

"Good morning," she replies back. Her voice not as chippery as the lady behind the counter, but she still friendly.

"Oh! You must be new here! I haven't seen you before and well since this is a small town, everyone knows just about everyone. I'm Lilly by the way," she says smiling and chatting away at an amazing speed for so early in the morning but it still makes Ayliah let a small chuckle out.

Lilly was beautiful girl. She had to have been around her age, though she was shorter than Ayliah. She had blonde pixie hair, and brown eyes that shined with happiness, you could tell she was probably loved by everyone with her friendly personality.

"Yes I'm new, just got her a few night ago and needed some well deserved coffee and found your place," Ayliah replies smiling quickly at Lilly as she scans the pastries that are being put out. The delicious smell of them making her stomach grumble, reminding herself it has been a while since she has really eaten anything. Especially anything that smells this good.

"Oh my gosh, it smells amazing in here," as her stomach growls loudly, practically yelling 'feed me!' and she chuckles nervously as Lilly lets out a loud infectious laugh that makes her laugh along and shake her head.

"What can I get ya hun?"

"I'll take a large with 2 cream and one sugar please. Oh and add a blue berry muffin and a croissant too, please and thanks. Mine as well feed my stomach too," she laughs as her stomach once again makes a noise.

"Coming right up! So how long are you in town for..." Lilly leaves a pause and she notice she didn't tell her name to her.

"Oh sorry! Ayliah, my names Ayliah. And I'm in town for a month or so, Sort of like a much needed vacation," she smiles at Lilly as she hand Ayliah her coffee, and she hands her the money she owes.

"That's great. We all need a vacation at some point. Do you want these to go?" Lilly ask Ayliah holding up the muffin and croissant.

"Please."

"Where are you staying if you don't mind me asking?"

"I'm staying at a motel a couple blocks from here, for now. I'm looking for a room to rent though while I'm here though. Would you know how I could find one available?"

"Of course, if you go down to the diner just down the street and ask for Sarah, she has a room available so she may be able to help you. Just tell her I sent you and that you're new here. She is moving in with her m-boyfriend and has been looking for someone to rent her room too," Lilly says her smile faltering for a second before it widens and hands Ayliah her bag.

"That's great! Thank you so much, I appreciate it, and thanks for the amazing coffee and food," Ayliah says smiling as she holds her hands up that are full of her goodies.

"Not a problem! Come by back any time, it was great meeting you Ayliah!" Lilly says waving, before grabbing more pans and Ayliah waves back smiling before turning around to exit the store. But the moment she turned and took a step she bumped into something, spilling her coffee.