Chapter 27

Axel shifts back when he reaches home and grabs a pair of shorts from under his porch, a stash of clothing always hidden under there, tossing them on quickly as he runs inside their house. The place was dark and quiet, the only sound coming from Ayliahs heart, the beating fast, and he runs to the bedroom, noticing nothing is amiss as he goes.

Opening the bedroom door he sees Ayliah sitting on their bed, looking the same like when he first came to her house in the middle of the night. Blanket bunch up, fear shining in her eyes, that quickly turn to relief when she notices him. That small shift making him pleased as he sees that she trusts him and feels safe with him around, just like he wants her too. A quick look on the ground shows him what he had heard, a lamp that was on his desk by his bedroom door, was now smashed to bits on the ground the cord dangling from the dresser.

"Are you okay baby," he walks up to her, picking her up to sit her on his lap as he cradles her close to his body, her head on his chest under his chin. His body warm on the outside, was cold on the inside from the fear he felt.

She sat there silent, not moving. It was as if every time she was alone, something bad would happen. Someone would break in just to scare the shit out of her and then run away. They were toying with her and she was getting mad. They were feeding off her fear, scaring the crap out of her in the middle of the night just to leave right away. She didn't get it, they could have done anything they wanted to but they just scared her instead, making her heart almost jump out of her body. She thought everything would of calmed down, weeks have went by with nothing happening and then it starts over again. She was so close to begging Axel to never leave her side again, she knew she couldn't do that, he was already doing everything he could for her. He had two jobs to work, he head told her a week or so after their date that he builds homes, like his, for special people that live in town.

She should have seen that coming, with his hands calloused, tiny scars marking his body and how fit he was, that he must of had another job then just a sheriff for a small town where nothing really happens. Except now.

"Um yeah, well actually no. No, I'm not okay! I'm sick of this, sick of this person just coming in to scare the shit out me and leave," her voice firm with anger, her eyes blazing as she clenches her fist.

"Trust me I know, I'm trying to do everything I can to find out who it is," his voice low and soft for her, he lays his head on top of hers and pulls her snugs against his chest.

He didn't want to let her go, and now he knew he couldn't even leave her alone for a second, someone was watching them. That was the only way that they would have known he was leaving. His thoughts making himself and his bear angry again, if he didn't cool down he would start to shift, so he takes a deep breath and frowns instantly. Another inhale confirms his suspicion, no scent other than Ayliahs and his own were in their home.

"I know and I appreciate that, it's just frustrating. How much longer will this go? What happens if they get bored and do something worse?!," her voice getting a bit hysterical as she starts to freak out again.

"Hey, calm down, take a deep breath," he tells her softly, he uses his finger to lift her head up to look at him.

"First of all, they are not going to be able to do anything to you, because now your stuck by my side. Every minute of every day I'll will be with you, I promise. Okay?" His voice was soothing and soft and she smiles gratefully at him.

"But I cant ask you to do that," she felt bad he was having to do so much for her. She was amazed he stuck by her with all the shit that was going on, that he hasn't said it's too much and left her, hell if he did she wouldn't blame him.

"I didn't hear you ask me, I told you I was going to," he whispers, his lips land on hers.

"Come on, lets lay down and go to sleep. I just have to message Jarred, there's no way in hell I'm leaving you alone now," he's says firmly before standing up and tucking her into bed.

He walks outside to message Jarred and let him know briefly what happened and why he wasn't coming back. He didn't think Jarred thought anything of Lilly missing and then someone breaking into their home, Jarred wouldn't piece it together, he wouldn't see Lilly like that, that why Axel never told him. Jarred would never believe him and it was cause a drift in the brothers.

He also wanted to go out to check around his house for anything that could help him figure out who the fuck was at his home. Any prints in the dirt or even a faint scent could help him, but there was nothing.

It was when he walked around the other side of the house he sees something that sends his bear into a frenzy, making him almost shift.

Claw marks, right under his bedroom window. Fresh and old ones littered the wood under his bedroom window, his blood was boiling, his body shaking as he tries to keep control and not shift. He knew his eyes were blazing and the colour shifting to his bears, he felt his own claws trying to push out of his skin, his bear demanding to find the person and rip them apart tear them piece for piece for watching them, stalking their every move and then waiting for him to leave to strike. Only a coward would do such a thing, to scare a human that was alone. Axel was all for it with his bear, but who ever it was, they were covering their scent and making it difficult to find out who it was.

Two fresh claw marks were dug into the logs of wood, one looking more recent than the other. That means someone was watching them sleep last night, and someone was watching them tonight, waiting for him to leave so they could break in. Now more than ever, he couldn't leave Ayliahs side, not with someone coming around to watch their every move.

The thought of his mate being in danger and being stalked had him growling loudly as he stomps back towards the front of the house, in search of Ayliah. Her presence would help calm him, and right now he needed that.

Ahhh you guys, I always feel bad leaving you hanging and seeing the comments of wanting more. I'm a sucker okay, but I don't think this chapter was any better, just gives you a bit more information aha. But as always there is one more to follow (:

But I do hope you enjoyed it and if you did don't forget to vote and comment xx