"Shit, at least you ain't gotta have Ms. Hartington staring at chu every time you fuck up. She done gave me the stank look bout ten times, and it ain't even lunch yet". Anaya rolled her eyes.

"Less talking more working ladies". Ms. Hartington hassled by with papers in her hand.

Both gave her a stank look once her back was turned.

Nia put her last book away and went back to the return room, hundreds of books had been returned in the time of her leaving.

"Oh my God". She groaned.

Jameer was at the front desk living her best life.

Mrs. Hartington was nice to her considering she was pregnant.

"Hi, I was wondering when the Mommy and Me reading class would start?". A mother and her son walked up to Jameer.

"Uhm, it starts about ten minutes so you do have some time to browse some children books for your son, or we do have some books more appropriate for yourself". Jameer smiled.

"Thank you so much". The Mom tugged her son away.

"You're a natural". Ms. Hartington patted Jameer's back.

"Thank you". Jameer smiled.

*
At one o'clock Ms. Hartington let the girls go for lunch.

"Make sure you all be back by one thirty. No later, you hear?". Ms. Hartington pointed at them.

"Yes, Ms. Hartington. We will make it back in time". Jameer smiled at her.

"Have a good lunch girls". Ms. Hartington walked off to her car.

"I can't stand that old lady". Anaya spat.

"She act like she got a stick up her ass". Nia grimaced.

"I think she need some act right cause she just so uppity". Jameer rolled her eyes.

"Not you! Her little star student. You ain't get no stank looks today. Me and Nia was the ones gettin the business". Anaya made fun of Jameer.

"Girl bye. She just like me cause I'm good wit people". Jameer waved Anaya off.

"Mhm. Yeah we'll see". Nia chimed in.

They decided to turn on the radio and eat in the car.

"I ain't gon cap the guys put down wit this damn chicken". Jameer spoke through chewing.

"No cap". Nia ate a spoonful of rice.

*
1:34 PM

After lunch, Mrs. Hartington had the girls switch positions. Nia was on desk duty, Anaya on return duty, and Jameer on shelf duty.

Nia was so bored. She wanted to text Roscoe and see how his day was going, but Mrs. Hartington was watching her like a hawk.

"Excuse me where are your-Nia?". A voice called to her.

She looked up and met the face of her ex, Trey.

"Trey? What are you doing here?". Nia was taken aback.

"I got accepted into UCLA a couple days again and here I am. How you been?". Trey looked as if he was falling in love all over again.

"I'm good actually. Just working". Nia wanted to keep it short, Roscoe ran back and forth in her mind.

"Well, uhm-I'll see you around". Trey walked off.

"Girl who was that?". Jameer questioned.

"Trey. He's back from Florida". Nia answered looking in the direction he walked in.

"What?! That's crazy? You good?". Jameer fired more questions Nia's way.

"I'm chilling. Just ready to go like right now". Nia shuddered.

All the thoughts of her relationship with Trey came flooding back. She felt herself having mixed emotions about him, she was glad to see that he was doing good, yet she was upset that of all the colleges in the world he chose this one.

"Girl why yo face all scrunched up?". Anaya came by with the cart of returned books.

"Trey is back in town and he goes here". Nia sighed, trying to calm herself down.

"Trey?! Uhn-uhn! Why the fuck is he here? I thought he moved to Florida wit his Momma? You want me to slap him wit a book?". Anaya rambled.

Nia burst into laughter. She appreciated the love Anaya had for her.

"Nah. I'm straight. He can do what he want long as he don't try nothing.". Nia waved it off.

As if on cue, Trey walked back up with five textbooks in his hand.

"So Nia, you tryna slide to dinner wit me tonight?". Trey gave that dazzling smile.

"Actually Trey, I have plans tonight. So reign check?". Nia smiled showing him she wasn't bothered.

"Alright, just let me know. See you around campus". He winked taking his textbooks and walking away.

"Is it just me or did he try to ask you on a date ?". Jameer came from behind a shelf.

"I hope he doesn't think he can just bust back into my life and ask me on a date like it's all good. First of all, I have a boyfriend and second of all, he never apologized for the things he did to me". Nia just wanted to go home to Roscoe at this point.