Chapter 17

Today is the day

The day Kihyun felt like one wrong word and he's life would be ruined.

2 more months before his due date of finding his love.

And today he will finally muster up his courage to confess to Jiyeon after much consideration.

After coming back from Seoul, Kihyun started to spend more time with Jiyeon as she asked him for help in their studies. Coincidentally, the two were paired up for a project where they'll need to get all statistics of big companies throughout South Korea. They got first place of course, and to celebrate that, the two of them had went to the lake side and have a picnic.

It felt more like a date for Kihyun, and he was sure Jiyeon felt it too. They were so close to kiss each other until the jam in Jiyeon's sandwich dripped on Kihyun's leg.

For Jiyeon though, she's still scared, scared that her father might not accept Kihyun. The boy who had just worked as a driver, a boy who is not experienced enough to handle what he'll be given if they did marry each other.

One thing she know is that Kihyun is a fast learner and a very smart guy, with all his results higher and better than her, the way he speaks to lecturers when having a mock interview, but he lacked experience.

It's lunch time, as usual, Minhyuk and Jooheon is talking about ways to get a perfect strike in bowling, Shujin and Jiyeon going through internship brochures, and then we have Kihyun, hands shaking in nervousness, brain thinking of ways to get Jiyeon out.

"Kihyun you wanna get something? I'm going to the convenient store." Jiyeon flashes him her usual oh-so-heart-fluttering smile while Minhyuk requests for a strawberry milk.

"U-uh, I'll go with you?" Kihyun couldn't stop blinking his eyes to shake off his nervousness. He swears he can feel blood rush up his face, cheeks absolutely looking like fresh cherry tomatoes.

"Sure! Let's go!" Jiyeon pulled Kihyun off his chair, taking him by his wrist and then walk towards the exit.

They arrived at the convenient store entrance after a short while and Kihyun's heart felt like it's gonna explode anytime soon seeing his wrist in Jiyeon's hand. So he stopped walking and stood still, mustering up his courage and stopped Jiyeon from entering the store.

"Why are we standing here?" Jiyeon didn't know what was happening, she can't hear the voices in Kihyun's head, can't see the little angel and devil on Kihyun's shoulder, can't feel the nervous aura around Kihyun.

"I have...Something I need to tell you before it's too late." Kihyun finally gathered all his courage and spoke, all this press conference he had and all the meetings he attended, this next sentence he's going to say needs courage and confidence of another level.

With Jiyeon's curious puppy eyes and little head tilt, Kihyun took it as a green light to say it:

"I like you... A lot..."

It felt as if the whole world stopped, the people around them stopped walking, the birds stopped chirping and the auto door of the convenient store stopped half way.

Is she going to accept him? Will she say no? Kihyun wasn't afraid of rejection, but the embarrassment he'll get and most importantly, he's scared they be awkward with each other.

"Kihyun, I..."

"IT'S OKAY IF YOU DON'T HAVE- "

"I like you too"

" -AN ANSWER NOW"

A few second of silence went through as Kihyun hung his head low, until realization hits him.

"What?" Kihyun lifts his head to see Jiyeon giggling at him, her eyes like crescents, hair flying prettily as the wind blows, leaves falling down from the trees around and the birds chirping loudly.

"I like you too dummy"

A/N : My midterms are finally over ahh
And Monsta X will be on We Bare Bears on 27th May kyaahhhhh

I started watching Produce X 101 too, don't really have a pick but Minkyu, Yohan, Yunseong and Hyeongjun is okay for me

Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter as usual, thanks for reading my story even though it sucks ><