Chapter 15

"Ladies and gentlemen, let us welcome, Mr Yoo Kihyun from The Connect!" The master of ceremony, known as Hongsik, announces.

The spotlight lands on a young man in grey suit, hair shining in a dark shade of purple. Kihyun walks in the venue confidently with all eyes on him. Young men looks at him with envy while the ladies watch him with heart eyes. The seniors in the other hand, starts whispering to each other about how successful this young man is in the industry.

"Next up, let us welcome..." The announcer welcomes every high positioned people in the industry with full respect. The event was more like a gala night, with all the people dressed smartly and elegantly.

"Kihyun, your hair..." Wonho keeps his laugh in, not wanting to attract other's attention.

"Yes, of all colours, Changkyun bought purple." Kihyun brushes his hair with his hand, recalling the moment when Changkyun dyed his hair.

"Hyung, I'll help you dye your hair." The younger man takes out the bottle of hair dye he just bought a night before, after receiving Kihyun's call.

"Aight, what colour did you- PURPLE?!" Kihyun looks at the hair dye with shock, he was expecting some normal colours like hazelnut brown or any shades of brown.

"It's cool right? I think you'll rock the colour." Changkyun, happy with the colour he chose, started preparing the dyeing equipment.

"Ladies and gentlemen, give a round of applause for the event organizer, CEO of Chaestar Co, Mr Chae Yongjoon and his daughter, Chae Jiyeon!"

Kihyun's neck nearly face a whiplash with how fast he turned his head as he heard Jiyeon's name. She's here? But as soon as he saw the girl with straightened blonde hair, he thought what was he thinking. Jiyeon is just a countryside girl who lives in Yeosu, with beautiful natural wavy black hair. Kihyun shook off the ridiculous thought and continued talking with some other company's representatives.

The event went on smoothly and it was finally time to get the mains to give a speech.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. It's very nice of all of you coming to this event. I'm Chae YongJoon, as all of you know, the CEO of Chaestar. The main reason of this event is to connect all business partner as an appreciation night. Without all your investments and support, my company wouldn't have grow this big. I want to thank one company specially, who has been my business partner from the very start when I was just starting my business in a rented studio, The Connect. They have been by my side through ups and downs, even when my company faced a crisis back in 2015, they never left me like most partners. Also, a not very shocking news, it is time for me to leave this company and pass it down to my heir. But as all of you know, my son, Hyungwon is not interested in business, therefore, I will still work for a year or less, until I found the prefect husband for my daughter, and take over the company. Ah yes, I saw a lot of you were confused when the MC announced my daughter, let me introduce you, Chae Jiyeon."

A big round of applause filled the hall as the beautiful young blonde walks up on stage with such elegant steps. Mr Chae passes the mic to his daughter and steps down to have a sit.

Just in time, Kihyun receives a call. Excusing himself to the balcony, he picks up the phone.

Kihyun, Minhyuk can't
stop shouting in his room!
Can you please call him
to shut up? He doesn't
wanna listen to me and
I'm trying to study.

Shujin ah, I'm not free
in the moment, sorry.
But I'll try to call him,
I'm not sure if he'll
pick up his phone.

Yes oh my god
Thank you Kihyun,
anything will do as
long as he shuts up.
Sorry to bother you.

It's okay, I'll hang
up now.

Kihyun enters the hall again, realizing the Jiyeon girl has ended her speech and everyone is getting ready for dinner, Kihyun quickly shuffles through people and goes to his table, sitting beside Wonho.

"Where have you been? Dinners gonna start soon." Wonho whisper shouts at Kihyun.

"Got a call from a friend. Speaking about it, I need to make another call." Kihyun grinned sheepishly while taking out his phone and dialled Minhyuk's number.

A/N : IM SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER DUPER LATE UPDATE
I was so busy with school that I didn't have time to write TT
Basically, I celebrated my birthday, then bought Monsta X tickets (YES IM MEETING THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME AHHHHHHHHHH) and my midterms starts in two days :D
I'll try to update again after my midterms, I'm so sorry to my readers, thank you so much for waiting patiently TT <3