Chapter 3

Kihyun did his work as usual, checking company stocks and business partners, rearranging files and writing report to the CEO. He met someone during lunch though, it was Wendy. They met up in a five star Michelin restaurant, wine and steak for lunch, just what rich people would eat on a Monday afternoon while others eat Subway sandwiches.

"Hey, if you're here to talk about the marriage-" Kihyun wasn't able to finish his sentence when Wendy suddenly said "I know, I don't want it too.In fact, I have a boyfriend. We're happy together and all,but my parents just suddenly told me I'm getting married to you in a few months."

Kihyun saw sadness flash in Wendy's eyes, now he remembered. Wendy has a boyfriend, he knew him too. Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook, a famous actor who debuted when he was just 5.

The couple looks perfect together, an actor and a model. Dispatch always shares out the couple's dates,but instead of getting hate, the couple is always envied by fans and netizens. They are always cuddly and mushy, something Kihyun has never been able to experience in his life.

"We'll stop this together, for our own good. I'll figure out something so both of us can stay as we are now." Kihyun assured Wendy and they parted ways after lunch.

Kihyun called his best friend to a local bar at night after work, he needed some time out. And he needs someone to give him advises, so of course, he'd call his best friend.

"Kihyun!" Kihyun turned his head towards the corner of the bar and spotted a tall slender figure wth blonde hair waving at him.

Hyungwon, Chae Hyungwon, a famous lawyer for his good looks and great defense when in court. They knew each other since they were in first grade,it's been almost 20 years of their close friendship. Their parents are close business partners too, as Hyungwon's parents owns a famous watch company.

"Hey." Kihyun breathed out weakly as he sat down on the comfy couch. The soft jazz music playing in the bar somehow made him less stress.

(A/N: this bar they go is not a nightclub bar,just a regular wine bar)

"Wendy is a pretty girl, I mean look at her in the latest weekly cover!" Hyungwon chimed holding the magazine in front of Kihyun's face.

"Gosh, not you too Hyungwon-ah. Give me a break please.I'd prefer to find myself a partner, not arranged bluntly like that.And FYI, she has a boyfriend." Kihyun ordered himself a Rex Hill Pinot Noir 2012 to drink and some honey chicken to munch on. This bar became his favorite ever since he tasted their honey chicken, he claims it's the best he's ever tried.

"Okay okay. Well if you don't want to get married yet then just wait until the next anniversary of the company,easy!" Hyungwon puts down the magazine and took up his wine glass, giving it a small shake and took a sip of the smooth red wine.

The honey chicken arrived shortly after, as the bar servers know Kihyun would order honey chicken every time he comes here. "I need time out, out to find myself a partner. I've been working ever since I graduate, I've never had any partner in my life. This chicken is really good, no joke."

"That's because you're a nerd in uni my friend,you never go parties or club. You're obsessed with chicken."

"And that's how I got to graduate with a first honour degree Hyungwon. Chicken is love."

"And how you will end up single for your whole life. Starbucks is more love."

Kihyun focused on his honey chicken and not paying attention to Hyungwon who continues to talk about their uni time.

Hyungwon knew his friend doesn't really care about those days and sighed when he realized the big portion of honey chicken is finishing soon. "You know if you want to have some time out, I have a place for you to meet some true people.Now gimme the chicken, I want some too."

With that, Kihyun's ears perked up like a puppy and his eyes full of curiosity. "Where? There, two more left for you."

"Thanks. It's my hometown." Hyungwon said with a wink to his friend and ate the remaining chicken.

A/N: I miss Jealousy era Kihyun :(
Y'all notice how I include his obsession with chicken here xD
I skipped school today so here's an early update hehe~
Anyways, have a great weekend! ❤️