Epilogue

{epilogue}
spring break
senior year

"Keke?"
the southside starlet stood there frozen, tears forming in her eyes, with her body covered in another human's blood.
"KeKE!"
"KEKE! Did you hear what I just said?" a not-so-innocent starlet's eyes snapped over to my blonde cousin, and my friends stripped down to our under clothes.
"Yeah, she heard you." the red head said told me.
"When I said I wanted to remember what we did this summer, this was not what I meant." I chuckled.
The blonde shot her cousin a glare. All four of them knew how serious this was. With no Jughead in sight, no one but Betty had the balls to say what truly needed to be done.
"We need to burn all of our clothes, including Jughead's beanie."
"But-" the blonde's cousin started.
"EVEN JUGHEAD'S BEANIE! After this we never speak of this to anyone. Not our parents, our friends, or anyone else."
"Especially not Aunt Alice or Hiram Lodge." the starlet said.
The blonde nodded creepily, "exactly. we finish up our senior year. Then we go our separate ways."
"And I go back to Greendale." the starlet said.
Then both of the girls said, almost robotically, "It's the only way we won't get caught.
-
That satisfying clink of their milkshakes triggered a vision for one of five teenagers sitting in a booth at Pop's Diner. She should've known that her powers were still present and not in her control. Sitting with her friends a year before the premonition made her feel a stab of guilt.
"What is it?" the same red head from her premonition asked, as her blonde cousin and beanie wearing individual gripped her shoulder.
"I'll tell you. But Betty Cooper, Veronica Lodge, Archibald Andrews, and Forsythe Pendleton Jones the Third, whatever I say we stay friends forever."
"Friends forever." the blonde said.
The next toast sent a chill down the girl's spine. She needed to go to greendale this summer. And she needed to abandon her friends before her vision became a reality. IF that was even remotely a successful tactic.