Big Fun

Chapter 51: Big Fun
Archie Andrews and I were official. I was playing Veronica Sawyer thanks to Evelyn who was still trying to persuade me to join the Farm. She obviously still hated Betty and I.
"Welcome to Heathers." Kevin said, "Evelyn Evernever has stepped up to be my co-director."
"WHat? KEv? No!" Betty said, "You always direct the musical alone!"
"True, Betty," the boy said, "But it's become stressful ater last year's events."
"Can we not talk about Midge?" Fangs interjected.
I raised my hand, "Yes, Letti?"
"First of all, everyone, my name is Nicolette. And second, I am frankly offended that you didn't ask for my expertise during the musical. Afterall, I am an experienced broadway and tv actress." I snapped, "I'll happily call Mayor Lodge in to cancel the whole production unless you utilize me."
Kevin and Evelyn shared a look. Evelyn said, "Wow, the Farm's Starlet is officially onboard."
Betty practically pulled me close to her, "The Farm?"
"Betts," I whispered, "When opportunity knocks, you fake it till you make it. Just until I can meet this Edgar guy."
"Well, we actually have decided to have a choreographer so give it up for Riverdale's very own... Toni Topaz."
A growl came from the front row where Cheryl Blossom sat by herself, naturally.
"Does anyone have a chainsaw because what the f-"
-Riverdale-
We started rehearsals with Candy Store and Kevin Keller wasn''t kidding when he said our costumes were ready.
"Alright let's start with-" Toni topaz was cut off by the crazy ex girlfriend that was Cheryl Blossom.
(continue later)
Veronica dragged me to the Pembrooke to get ready for the party at the Sisters of Quiet Mercy where the hostess intentionally tried to drown me. I mean, no biggie right? Wrong. I was truly going to fake a panic attack when I saw Hiram and Hermione sitting down awkwardly.
"there's a cast party tonight, then nicolette is sleeping over. don't wait up." veronica said, until she saw the same scene I did.
"Mijas." Hiram said.
"What's going on here?" Veronica said.
"Your mother and I are getting a divorce."
I choked on my own shock, "I'm sorry, why not earlier."
"NO." Veronica said, "no you aren't."
I put a hand on veronica's to calm her down, "no. don't touch me. this has to be a joke."
"I'll be staying at the Five Seasons indefinitely," Hiram said.
"What? Why?" veronica and I asked at the same time.
"What happened."
"Ask your mother," Hiram snapped as he walked out the door.
Veronica Lodge asked her mother what had happened, but I didn't hear the reply before the girl dragged me off to get dressed for the party.
-
during the party, betty and i were staring at Evelyn suspiciously. even though the farm considered me a member, evelyn knew betty, veronica, jughead, archie, and i were attatched at the hip. betty and i became even more skeptical when evelyn broke out into song.

Big Fun
EVELYN:
Dad says "Act your age."

REGGIE:
You heard it girl, it's time to rage!

ALL:
Blast the bass, turn out the light
Ain't nobody home tonight!
Drink, smoke, it's all cool.
Let's get naked in my pool!
Punch the wall and start a fight!
Ain't nobody home tonight
His folks got a waterbed.
Come upstairs and rest your head.
Let's rub each other's backs
while watching porn on Cinemax!
The folks are gone,
it's time for big fun! Big fun!
We're up till dawn
having some big fun! Big fun!

NICOLETTE: Damn, it looks like...
When mom and dad forget

BETTY:
to lock the liquor cabinet,
it's big fun! Big fun!
So wait, it's lime, then salt, then shot?
No, salt, then -
You're doing it wrong!
Really? 'Cause I feel great.
[cut to me, with Jughead.]
JUGHEAD/REGGIE:
Starlet/Veronica, you're looking good tonight!

NICOLETTE/VERONICA:
Whoa.
A hot guy smiled at me,
without a trace of mockery!

ALL:
Everyone's high as a kite,
ain't nobody home tonight!
Stoned. Zoned. I should quit...
Hey, is that weed? I want a hit.
Fill that joint and roll it tight,
ain't nobody home tonight/NICOLETTE and VERONICA: Woah (singing) a hot guy smiled at me without a trace of mockery. Brainiac cleans up alright. Veronica/this starlet is hot tonight.