The Great Escape

"What the hell is this?" I thought Jughead wasn't stupid enough to play Gryphons and Gargoyles. Clearly I knew nothing about his psychi.

"Jughead." Betty said firmly, "What are you doing."

Never in my life had I seen my boyfriend's eyes widen and glitter with as much insanity as when he said, "I figured it out, Betty. I'm on level 3 now. I just have to get to level 4 and then I'll ASCEND and MEET THE GARGOYLE KING!"

I slapped him chucking my ring at him, "As long as you're doing this crap, we're not talking so get your shit together the Gargoyle King is bullshit."

Jughead proceeds to rant and rave about how it's not just a game. I had a enough after he said something about an anogram. I got up and drove. I ended up at Reggie Mantle's house, "Nicolette?"

"Mantle the Magnificent, I need you to help me. I have a gig with Hiram tomorrow night and you are going with me as my bodyguard." He smiled, "Okay, so is this an Oceans 11 situation where we're pulling a heist or?"

"Archie." I whisper, "I think the gig involves Archie. Don't tell Veronica."

"Will do. I'll be there at 6:45." He smiled.

"Oh, Kev, wear this." I handed him a bag.

"Wow. I've always wanted to be blonde." He chuckled.

-

I got a text from Veronica the next morning telling me to meet her at the speakeasy before school.

"Elio? Woah. Okay, I'm not comfortable with going to a fight. I have a gig."

Elio rolled his eyes, "Nicolette, the gig is at the fight. Didn't you know?"

"Shit. I gotta make a call." I ran off.

"This is the Reg-Man." Ugh his greeting was too obnoxious for his sweet personality.

"Mantle. Andrews will be there. And so will Veronica. So, more reason for disguise."

-

-

"Ah, mijita. Who is this?" Hiram Lodge was already suspicious of the elaborately disguised Reggie.

"Vladmire." He said in a thick Russian accent, "Vladmire Karr. Miss Woodhouse's bodyguard."

"Vladmire just got in from New York. He was my chauffer when I was on Rumor Mill. Now where are we going?"

-

That night I did see Archie Andrews beat another young man senseless. My heart stopped for that moment and it was like watching a good person become a killer. Reggie took me out of the pool area and we ran out. I couldn't bear to see Archie do that to someone. I ended up in a locker room where the Devil himself was actively screwing Veronica.

"Archibald Andrews! Reggie look!"

"RegKev? Colette?" He gasped, "Oh my god. What the hell?"

Veronica pulled herself off Archie and launched into a plan. Everything went smoothly until Hiram Lodge came looking for me. Archie stiffened looking pale. Veronica had left ten minutes ago and it was just us.

"Colette, you gotta go. It isn't safe here. You need to-" Hiram said behind me.

"No. I am not going anywhere." I said, turning back to Archie, "You need to know how much Betty and Jughead are struggling without you. Evelyn Evernever, this creepy cult chick is trying to brainwash Alice and Jughead is going crazy trying to play this board game and I- I cant believe YOURE STUCK HERE! It's my goddamn fault for leaving and not talking you out of that stupid trip you made to Hiram's office. Goddamnit, ARchibald! I MIGHT ASWELL JUST KILL MYSELF, ARCH! Honestly. I can't wait two years for you to be a civilian again."