Chapter Seventeen

Chapter 17 

Since Cameron had found her passion in bounty hunting. Scarlett and Levi had made Cameron her on office in the basement. It was small but nice as they put in a magic window that shows the weather outside as well as the nicest view from a normal window from their house.

 "Even though you are protecting the humans from feral supernatural. You still have to be careful out there as the Huntsmen don't really care if you are on their side or not. They kill for fun as well as for money. They have been killing our kind for years." Levi told her as Cameron sat behind her own desk.

 "However." Scarlett added, "There are some out there that will work with us, but they are very slim as they are none as the Hunters. They too kills our kind but they're like us. They go to the ones that are causing trouble."

 "How would I know if I run into one?" "The newer members you can tell. They give off a hatred vide as well as the look in their eyes." Scarlett told her, "As for the older and more experience ones, they are harder as sometimes you don't find out."

 "We just want you to be safe out there as you can still get killed." there was a lot of concern in his tone. Cameron had been reading up on vampires and the people they changed. There is a bond made if they get alone. A bond that will be hard to break.

 She could feel the bond and she knew that they were her new mother and father and Nikki, Acer and Gage is part of her family too. She surprised both of them as she gave them a hug.

 When another week of school started, Cameron went back into her morning routine. She'll get up, get dressed and go downstairs to eat. Then she'll head back upstairs to brush her teeth and grab her things before going back downstairs to get into Gage's car.

 Cameron really haven't made any friends at school. She has been hanging with Gage's friend only because she was with him. The girls realized that she loves Gage more like a brother so they loosened up some, but they still had some doubt.

 After first period, Gage waited for Cameron by their locker, "I heard there is a new Algebra teacher. I haven't seen him yet but don't you have 4A next?" Gage mentioned, "Yes. What happened to our old teacher?"

 Gage shrugged, "He has been talking about this other job he was looking at that paid more. Maybe they had an opening and he took it. First come first served." "True. I hope he does just as good there as he did here."

 Cameron was a bit disappointed as she really started to enjoy math again, he was a great teacher and heated that he left.

 Walking into the room she had to make her way to the back left corner. She liked sitting in the back so when she finished her work, she could put her head down and take a nap.

 The teacher's desk was in the front center of the room with a chock board behind it an on the right wall of the room.

 When the last bell rang, she was getting ready for their lesson of the day but their teacher still hadn't came in yet.

 Over ten minutes had past since the tardy bell rang and still no one showed, "If the teacher not here in another three minutes. It will be the fifteen minute mark where the students can leave to room and not be tardy." One of the guys said as he started to put his things up.

 She had heard of that rule but never done it, she had always been a good girl. So she laid her head down as she started to hearing students packing up to leave, but just as they stood up, she heard. "Sorry students, I'm late."

 His voice was a bit harsh and sickly but she didn't bother looking up. She heard him getting situated at his desk before he began. "Well I see that the humor of the fifteen minute teacher rule is known here too. So lets just get this straight."