Chapter Four

Chapter 4

It wasn't easy for Maddex to work his powers. He had to play different rolls to keep Destiny in his sites as well as to make sure they don't do or find something suspicious.

He allowed them to draw blood which he had switched with the ones Scarlett gave him. He also let them do a rape kit and let them take out the bullets in her chest. The hardest part for him was not letting them cut her open as there was one bullet that was stuck.

It took Maddex awhile but he finely get Destiny out of medical examiner room and to the funeral home. Now things started to get tricky as he noticed her cuts and bruises were healing more.

They wanted to embalm her but Maddex convinced them not to. Instead they washed her up and put her in something nice that her mother had brought. While Destiny's mother was there. Maddex had talked her into having a close casket service.

After a day and a half they were just about done with Destiny. Maddex managed to call Scarlett and told her what all they done and when it would be a good time to get her.

It was tough but Maddex manage to get Destiny's service moved up. Her viewing will be the next night and the service will be that following morning. Now the hardest part was to get Destiny's body out before the service and he knew that he needed to get her out before then.

That night Maddex and the others teleported into the funeral home. Maddex took them down to the holding room where they had put her in a huge cooler room. "When they come down to get her. I will convince them that I will take care of her."

The viewing went as well as a viewing goes and the funeral itself went by without anyone looking in the casket. Once everything was over and Destiny's casket was buried, Maddex was ready to head back to the others to help with their new born but he stopped when he saw Destiny's mother watching from afar.

Seeing and feeling the pain coming off her Maddex walked over, "Mrs. Strong. I am so sorry for you loss." Handing her his handkerchief so she could wipe the tears. "Thank you. She was my only child." "I am truly sorry."

When her husband walked up beside her, there was something about him that Maddex didn't like. "Sweetheart it's best we go." her husband voice was soft. Nodding, Maddex gave his condolence again and watched them head back to their car and drive off.

Once he was sure that he was alone, he cast a transporting spill and disappeared within it.