Chapter Eleven

Chapter 11

Unfortunately none of the stores opened until nine so Scarlett decided to show Cameron around the small town. "What is this place called?" "Hidden Valley, Colorado population a little over a thousand in and out of the town." Scarlett told her.

"It's located in a small mountain valley. The weather isn't to bad but it does get a lot of snow in winter." Nikki added as she went on, "It's a small pleasant and quite little place where nothing happens.

We do get some tourist for the good hunting and fishing but not that much as you have to be a local to hunt and catch certain things. There is also a small old out of service gold and coal mine here where they take a few tours in and a small skiing loge."

There was a moment of silence, all Cameron thought about was Cayson and her family. This place would have been the perfect place to go with him. It was small and still had a few things to do and the site was just breath taking.

They were talking about going somewhere after she graduation to spend some time together. But now that will never happen. It will be hard on her not to see her parents and Jody as they were still alive.

"It's getting that time for the stores to start opening." Scarlett announced pulling Cameron from her thoughts. "Now I don't want you to worry about the prices or how much you want to get.

We are here to get you a lot of clothes, a few sheets for your bed, your own towels and some personal items. So don't be afraid to ask for them because if you don't I will go crazy on getting you things you might not like."

Wiping the tears from her eyes, Cameron didn't want the others to know that she had been crying. There is nothing no one could do and she knew she had to move on but it would be hard and take a lot of time.

Walking inside the story, Cameron smiled as she could smell the old building scent. She loves walking into places like this as she could only image the history this old place had been in.

Trying on several clothes, Cameron decided to get a few of the tops she had tried on and a few pairs of paints along with a few under clothes she needed as well. "Are you sure this is all you want from here. You know you are going to need more then this." Scarlett questioned.

"This should be enough." Cameron tried to convince her but it wasn't working seeing that Scarlett was shaking her head. "There's still two more stories in town to look through. Then we'll grab a bit to eat before heading home."

Cameron was surprise on how much everything was. She was even more surprised on how much more the second store was. This time as she was trying on clothes, Scarlett was watching her closely to see how she reacted on wearing them.

So all the clothes she liked, Scarlett bought even thought Cameron told her that she had enough and that it was going to cost to much.

"This much clothes wasn't necessary." Cameron told Scarlett as she handed over the money to the cashier. "You need some school clothes as well as some everyday ones. We need to get you some loose work out clothes for you to train in. You are starting tomorrow."

Looking at her funny, Scarlett replied by tapping her head. Knowing what she wanted, Cameron nodded before hearing, "We need to find out what is your limits on your power, how far you can go and what you can do." Scarlett started.

"We know that you are special because you have proven you can hold back the animal inside you as well as eating human food. We must know what all you can do."

She finished.

"So now I am a lab rat."

she hissed. "No. You're not a lab rat." Scarlett was taken back, "You are just very special. Even if you weren't, you would still go through the same training to let you know your limits."