Chapter Ten

Chapter 10

Waking up that next morning, Destiny felt like crap. She had a rough night sleep from dreaming about what had happened the other day. But the smell of bacon, eggs and buttery pancakes along with fresh brewed coffee filled her room and got her up.

Stretching hard, she let out a grown of satisfaction then she heard her stomach start growling. Surprised she knew she didn't need to feed again as she felt full from that but she did feel hungry again for something different.

Crawling out of bed, Destiny felt sticky as she had sweated from her nightmares thought her rough night. So she had to take another quick shower before headed downstairs.

She could hear voices from the hall and followed them downstairs to the dinning room where everyone eating. Well not Scarlett, Levi and Maddex, but they where drinking what smelt like coffee.

"Good morning. Hope you slept well." Scarlett smiled at her as she walked in, "Morning." she nodded, "I slept alright." She jumped when she saw Nikki getting up and making her way over.

She was surprised when she gave her a huge, "Thank you again." Destiny could feel the love and warmth in the embarrass as she gave her a huge back.

Pulling away, she looked over at the young man. There was something about him that she couldn't pull her eyes away from him. "Is there something I can help you with?" the young man asked.

Realizing who she reminded her of, she shook her head as she fought back the tears that strongly wanted to break free, "I'm sorry. It's just that you reminded me of someone that's all."

Sadness was heavy in her tone but they didn't questioned it as they figured it was someone from her past life. "Would you like some coffee or juice?" Scarlett asked as she got up.

Seeing the confusion on Destiny's face Scarlett smile a bit bigger as she knew what she was think as she answered, "We do not eat food no more but we can drink anything we like."

Destiny's stomach started to rumble again, "What the heck was that?" Gage laughed. Destiny didn't know if vampires could blushed but she could feel her face getting hot.

"Do you need to feed again?" Maddex asked as he started to get up. "No, no, no." She answered quickly as she remembered what had happened last night. "Then why did your stomach shake the room?" "Gage!" Nikki snapped. "I was just having some fun with her." he grumbled as he took his last bite of food to hide his laughter.

"Son. She is still new at all this. She has to get comfortable with her new life style." Acer told Gage before turning his attention back to Destiny, "Thank you Destiny for saving me."

"It was my fault and I'm sorry for that." "No. Don't be. You were defending yourself. I would have done the same thing. And besides, you held a lot of restraint." Acer assured her.

Seeing the hurt in Destiny's eyes as well as hearing her stomach again, Nikki announced, "I think I knew what she needs but it is a long shot." Then headed out of the room and was back within a few minutes with a plate of pancakes, eggs and a few strips bacon.

"I know vampires don't eat but being that she had already fed and her stomach is still rumbling. This is the only other thing I can think of." Nikki said as she sat the plate in front of Destiny.

"Thank you." Destiny smiled as she reached for her silverware, "Your welcome but don't get to upset if you can't eat it." Nikki added as she placed the orange juice down in front of her.

Everyone watched in amaze as Destiny had no problems eating everything in her plate. The room fell silent as no one could say anything as they watched her. Then Scarlett had to ask, "Are you feeling ok?"

Nodding as she finished her plate, Destiny answered, "Yes ma'am. The only thing is that I would like a little more. It has been a while since I had homemade pancakes and syrup."

"Damn girl. You can eat just as much as Gage does." Acer said as he took a drink of his coffee. "How is that possible?" Levi thought out load as he studied Destiny hard. "I told you she will be special." Scarlett smiled as she took Destiny's plate to refill it up again.

Amazed at what they where witnessing, they made sure that Destiny had her feel of both blood and food. Satisfied Scarlett felt the need to have a girl's day out. Levi on the other hand didn't like the idea.

There was no doubt that Destiny was special but he still worried that she'll be similar to the others they had to put down. He argued with Scarlett as it was to soon but she didn't care.

Scarlett had her mind set as she knew Destiny already proved to her that she can handle herself and control the animal that so many had failed to do. As she hadn't killed Levi nor Acer when they were trying to kill her.

After breakfast Destiny went back upstairs to brush her teeth. It was strange for her still as her four canines were still sharp and her two uppers were just a bit longer then normal.

Once she had finished, she headed back downstairs where everyone was gathered in the living room.

"Are you sure I'm ready for this?" Destiny was worried as she knew Levi was still skeptical about her. Smiling Scarlett nodded, "Have faith my dear." "Faith." Destiny grumbled as she see what faith had in store for her already.

Knowing it was time, Scarlett hated to but asked, "Have you picked out a new name?" Sighing Destiny nodded, "I was thinking of something simple. I like the name Cameron. Cam for short."

"Cameron, 'Cam' uh. How did you com up with that name?" Seeing Destiny's face sadden she replied, "I have my reason." Not wanting to push, Scarlett smiled, "I like it." Turning to the others she announced, "From this day forward, Destiny Strong will now be know as Cameron 'Cam' Strong."

Given Cameron a hug Scarlett added, "Now lets get Gage to school before he is late. If thing go the way I hope they do. When school starts back up after the Christmas holidays. You'll be go."

Cameron's eyes widen. Scarlett smiled warmly as she assured her, "I know you can handle it. Gage will be there if you need any help. But don't worry about it right now. Right now we are going shopping after we drop Gage off at school."

"His car is in the shop getting worked on." Nikki glanced over at her son as if it was his fault it was in there. "They ran out in front of me. I didn't want to hit them." he protested.

Feeling the tension in the room, Cameron change the subject by saying, "What stores were we going to?" Turning their attention to her Scarlett answered, "Just the local ones for now. So lets get going or Gage will be casting a teleporting spell."