Chapter Three

Chapter 3

"Down there." Nikki Largent pointed, "Damnit woman, where in the hell are you taking us?" Acer Rider her mate grumbled as he turned their Explore down yet another dirt road.

He had been driving non stop since ten the morning before and he knew that the would be coming up again soon. He was also starting to get a bit crabby and snapping at his mate from lack of sleep but who wouldn't.

He might be an old powerful shifter but even powerful shifter need some beauty sleep.

"Are you sure that she is even down here. And if so, why in the hell would she be in the middle of nowhere." He grumbled. "I don't know why she would be down here. It must be a teenage thing or something." Nikki rolled her eyes then snapped back with, "And besides, My locater spills are never wrong."

"Well there's always a first." "Acer Rider! Stop throwing your childish tantrums. If you weren't my mate I would...." "You would what?" his eyes narrowed and saw a cheeky grin appeared on Nikki's face, "I wouldn't give you no more special moments."

"Alright children. That's enough." A chuckling male's voice came from the backseat. "I don't want to know about no 'special moments', and besides. We all know that Acer does get very cranky if he doesn't get any beauty sleep."

"Ha, ha, ha." Acer tissed, "Thanks Levi, I love you too." "For how long you know women. You know not to argue with them, especially with a witch that can turn you into something you don't want to be or give you any special moment times." Grumbling to his self Acer gave it more gas.

After a few more minutes went by, Acer whined again, "How much further?" "Ug. You are such a baby. Suck it up. It's not much further anyways. " "I will show you baby darling when we get home." Nikki shook her head, "Not the way you're acting."

Just as Acer opened his mouth to argue, Nikki pointed, "There." Slamming on he breaks he had manage to pass the road, "Damnit woman." "Don't damnit me. Take that road and follow it until it dead ends."

Cursing under his breath, Acer slammed on the breaks throw it in reverse gave it gas, slammed back on his breaks before shoving it back in gear and spinning onto the other road.

Driving another two miles they quickly came to a stop at the dead end. "There is no one here." Acer growled in frustration from the lack of sleep and driving. "She has to be here." Nikki said as she started to get out.

"Then where in the hell is she?" Acer snapped as he put the SUV in park. "Your locater spell was wrong. So this drive was a waste of our time."

"Damn boy. Quit your whining. I told you may locater spills are never wrong. And this one was my one of my strongest I have ever had so I know that she is here. Now get your pouty ass out and start looking around." Nikki hissed as she closed the door on him.

When Acer, Levi and his mate Scarlett stepped out, the scent of blood hung heavily in the air. "Something had happened here." Levi growled as his nostrils flared. "It's not fresh but there are two of them." Scarlett inhaled deeply. "But where are they." Acer added as his mood quickly changed.

Being a supernatural, Levi, Scarlet nor Acer needed a flash light, as they could see just as good in the dark as they could in the day. As for Nikki, she may be a witch but she was still human and she had a flash light in hand.

Looking around they found the two areas the girls were shot at. Nikki shined her light down the blood trail and found them barely out of the tree line. "There." she pointed as they rushed over.

Anger raged in all them as Nikki gasped as she covered her mouth. Their clothes was ripped off them and they were covered in their own blood. They were so swelled up and cut up that it was hard to look at them.