Chapter 84

Y/n's Pov:

I wake up to complete silence, my hands moving before my eyes open. Turning away from the wall, my eyes peel open to see bars in front of my bunk. I press my hand against the bar feeling that when the foam is squeezed there is something hard in it. I lift my head up and immediately regret it as the thud of my head dissipates.

"Y/nn? Is that you?" I bite my inner lip to stop it from quivering as footsteps get louder. My vision goes blurry slightly before I blink to adjust to the curious faces looking at me through the bars. "Hey bug, you okay." I nod my head not trusting my voice not to quiver slightly as my vision goes blurry again. Blinking, I feel a few tears spill over and run down my cheeks. I quickly wipe them with the sleeve of my sweatshirt hoping no one noticed. 

"Are you hungry Y/n?" I nod again and sit hunched forward as Ally unlocks the bars. I pinch my eyebrows together and make no sign of movement as Lauren reaches in to try and grab me. I pull away still with my eyebrows pinched.

"Bug, come on. Breakfast is ready." I bite my inner cheek and allow Lauren to pull me out of the bunk. She puts me on her hip and I watch Ally close the bars and put the key in the lock while Lauren brings me into the kitchen. I try to get out of her grip to sit on the bench next to Dinah, but she holds onto me and puts me in a well-cushioned chair with a picture of Tweety Bird on it. She places me down and puts a latch over my lap with a weird hook mechanism on the end.

There's shuffling around me as I look at the seat Lauren put me in. I try to move to get out but the latch keeps me in the seat. I take a moment to examine the hook, but the moment I try to touch it, Ally slaps my hand.

"No Y/n, you know better than that." I look up at Ally and pinch my eyebrows to make it as clear as possible that I am very confused and would like to wake up from this weird dream. Ally bends over in front of me and wraps a light blue napkin around my neck that spells out 'cutes' in all caps.

"Is this a bib?" I pinch at the material trying to stretch it enough for me to fully see.

"It's just for emergencies." I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out.

Lauren sits down beside me and puts a plate of cut up bananas and a blue sippy cup in front of me on the table. I reach out to grab the cup, but my hand is slapped away again.

"No bug, I'll feed you this morning." I bite my lip and keep my eyebrows pinched as I watch Normani and Dinah cut up and eat their pancakes. I wasn't really that hungry, but I don't really want bananas.

"Why do I have a sippy cup? I mean I know I'm clumsy bu-"

"Hush sweetie. Open for the choo-choo." My vision crosses as I watch the fork spin circles in front of me before slowly coming in contact with my lips. I look at Lauren and shake my head slightly before taking the banana slice in my mouth. "Good job cutie." Lauren puts my fork down and cuts a piece of her pancakes before plopping it into her mouth. She then goes back to my bananas and stabs one with the fork before bringing it back up to my lips. I take the slice in my mouth. She puts down the fork and grabs the sippy cup, bringing it to my lips. I taste the familiar flavor of my much-loved milk and decide to take comfort in the cool liquid during this weird dream. Some of the liquid slips out of my mouth and drips down my chin from the overflow of liquid that I couldn't keep up with. Lauren puts the sippy cup down and uses the bib to clean off my chin. 

"If you eat all the banana slices and drink all of your milk, we'll give you a surprise." My eyebrows shoot up at Dinah which causes all the girls to laugh.

"What kind of surprise?"

"Eat up little homie." I reluctantly take another slice in my mouth and begin to chew.

Another train. Another slice.

More milk. Need the bib again.

Another slice.

I look around the room as I once again take another slice in my mouth. My plate is now empty and I just realized I didn't go to the bathroom when I woke up and now I really need to pee. I try to get out of the weird chair, pushing on the latch while the other girls watch out of the corners of their eyes and eat.

"Y/n? What's wrong honey?" I push against the latch again not feeling much of a budge. Normani gets up from the table across from me and puts a hand on my slowly reaching hand.

"Use your words Y/nn." My mouth opens but nothing comes out as my left leg starts to shake in a warning that I need to go to the bathroom. I lick my lips and watch my leg bounce up and down.

"I... I need to pee." 

"Why didn't you just say so, sweetie." I hear a click as the hook seems to be released. The latch falls off my lap and Normani takes me into her arms. My leg fidgets next to her as she makes her way back to the bunk area and brings me into the bathroom, closing the door behind us, I look at the bars in front of my bed before the click of the door closing completely blocks my view. She puts me on the counter, the shaking of my leg causing the hand soap to fall into the sink. I watch her pull out a weird cushion from under the sink and fix it onto the top of the toilet seat. She stands up and starts to pick me up but I pull away and nearly fall off the counter, a small bit of pee escaping.

"Mani, I need to pee." She nods her head and grabs me again, this time I just let her take me. She stands me up in front of the toilet and begins to pull down my sweatpants. I put a hand on hers to tell her to stop, my eyebrows pinching together pleadingly.

"This isn't a dream is it?" Normani smiles with a small laugh and leans up to kiss my cheek.

"This will be good Y/nn, I promise." She gets up from in front of me and goes into the closet beside the door, pulling out a baby blue onesie looking thing. I shake my head slightly, very confused. She puts the clothing on the counter of the sink and leans down in front of me again. "I promise." She starts taking my sweatpants off again.