Chapter 10: I Got You

He rushes to my side

He rushes to my side. He sits down on the ground with me and wraps his arms around me. I know he's crying with me.

"Maybe we should go to the hospital." He says crying.
"No." I say sobbing uncontrollably. "I'm going to be okay. I just need for you to hold me. Just hold me and never let go."
"I'll hold you forever my sweet Maya." He says still crying. "I'm here for you always. I need you right by my side forever. I'll never give up on you. I'll be there my sweet Maya always."

He starts singing I'll be there and my pain just melts away. My heart rate slows down and so does my tears. I silently sit in his arms as he continues to sing. Peace fills my heart. Its crazy how badly I need this man. I seriously can't spend a second without him. Even when we are sleeping in the same bed. He keeps my nightmares away. One arm wraps around his neck once he finishes singing. I'm practically sitting on his lap. But, I love how close we are right now. There's that word love again. Why do I feel weird when I mention anything associated with love with him. Weird in a good way. No. I can't be falling in love with him. I just can't. I can't handle that emotional pain. Because, I know he will never feel that way about me. I will never be good enough to be more than just his best friend. My fingers find his curls and I place a kiss on his forehead. My free hand intertwines with his. 

"Thank you so much Michael. I'm forever bound to you after today. I mean you have me always. You will always have my heart. I will always need you. It's just after all you've done for me today. Staying right by my side when I spoke up there. Defending me like you did. You really didn't have too and I am forever grateful for you. I don't need anybody but you. I never want to be away from you ever. I can't function when we are apart. I don't know what to do. Because I need you so bad but, there are going to be moments when we have to be apart and I don't want too. It hurts my heart just thinking about it." I say in one breath.

I pull him closer to me and I can't help my tears. The thought of being apart from him really breaks my heart. I never want to spend a second away from him. I need him close to me always. 

"Maya." He says giggling a little in between his tears. "My sweet Maya." He says placing a firm hand on the back of my head. "My sweet sweet Maya. It's an amazing feeling knowing you feel that same. That you need me like I need you. I feel so happy yet I can't stop crying for you. Because you are hurting so much and no matter what I do I can't seem to take your pain away. Maybe I am not good enough to be your best friend."

"No Michael." I say crying with him. 

I straddle his lap unintentionally. I wrap my other arm around his neck and hold him close to me. Crying harder then I was before. He promised. He can't leave me. I can't live without him. He holds me tight back. I make him fall back into the grass. I need this man way too much.

"You can't leave me. You just can't." I cry out. "You promised you would never leave me. You promised you would never give up on us. You promised me forever. You promised me you will always need me. Please don't go. I need you. I really need you. I honestly can't live without you Michael." I say crying like a baby.