Chapter 2: Seeing You

Three months have passed and just like clock work

Three months have passed and just like clock work. Michael came by everyday at the same time and each time was better than the last. He makes me genuinely happy. It's been so long since I smiled for no reason. I mean my grandma makes me smile but, she's the only one. Then this man shows up and just easily makes me laugh. I still haven't seen his face. He keeps hiding behind his sunglasses. But, I don't have time for friends. She needs me I need to keep on working. But, I did what she said I put her house up for sale. She got offers right off the back. But, I'm afraid to let go. I'm taking her words to heart. I'm gonna try hard to focus on me. One baby step at a time. But, I'm going to do it for her. I promised her I will live my life. 

Her situation hasn't changed though. As the days go by she keeps getting worse and weaker. I can't lose her. I just need to find a second job and make more money. I mean I started applying to other places. But, I need to hear something back soon. I know there's someone out there that can help her. I can't give up. I can't give up on her. She needs me. I need her. She's all I have left. She's the only family I have left. If she leaves me I'm gonna be alone. I already feel so lonely. But, I don't know how I'm gonna make it if I lose her. She's my everything. 

I hate thinking the worse. But, the doctor has told me countless times she isn't getting better. She's only getting worse and that I should prepare for the worse. I hate it. I hate it so much. I hate how I keep suffering. Nothing ever gets better for me. I keep losing everyone around me. That's why I don't need to meet new people. Everyone leaves in the end. Everyone hurts you in the end. What's the point. What's the point in friendship? What's the point in falling in love? What's the point in meeting new people? What's the point in anything? 

I'm just gonna keep working to pay off all these damn bills. That won't stop piling up. I can't seem to get a damn break. Every time I pay off one. I'm getting another for over a thousand dollars. I may never leave. I might as well get use to it now. I'm never leaving this place. I'm gonna be working here til the day I die. Paying off all these damn bills. What am I paying them for? To keep playing with my damn emotions. They keep giving me the run around. It's just ridiculous. 

================================================================================

It's been another three months and still every single day at the same time. Michael shows up at the drive thru. Happy as he can be. He's so nice to me but, I can't get close to him. I don't have time to and what's the point everyone leaves me in the end. Everyone hurts me in the end. But, I can't help myself when he's around. He makes me genuinely smile. I'm so drawn to him and I don't know why. He's just being nice. But, I can't get close to him. I gotta do what I gotta do. 

Here's to another day of forcing a smile. All work and no play. Stressing myself over things that aren't gonna matter at the end of the day. Just for my grandma I need to focus on me and her. She needs me. I need her too. I've been here for almost half of my shift and Michael hasn't shown up. I've gotten use too seeing him everyday and him making me smile. He makes me forget all my problems and takes my pain away.