Olivia: Part 2

I was woken up by mom before she went to work at about 9:30 am, she wanted me to have breakfast and yeah she was working on a Sunday, this was nothing unusual to me. My mom was an emergency physician in the ER department so she rarely got a day off. There were scrambled eggs for breakfast; I then sat down on the table to eat, still trying to shake off the plumbless feeling of sleepiness that still lingered around me, mom had to go as she was running late but she seemed to be relieved to see me eat.

I had nothing much to do that day though. After eating my breakfast I went to my room and worked upon a history essay I had to finish over the break and also tried to study a little bit of math while listening to 'Another Day In Paradise" by Phil Collins. The 90s music had a special place in my heart. It wasn't like I did not have a preference in contemporary music, it just felt good to jam to old songs once in a while. " Oh think twice, it's another day for you and me in paradise," that's how the song went.

The way artists write songs has always fascinated me and the way the melody and chorus fit with the lyrics is just mesmerizing. Phil Collins taught himself to play music, yeah that's true, plus he was a drummer before he became a singer and songwriter. He also used his own musical notation system that he came up by himself instead of the conventional one. He is one of the only three people in the world who have sold more than 100 million albums around the world as part of a group and as solo musicians. The other two musicians are Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson. I mean this was just one artist that I was listening to. Break down the life of any other, every single one would be different. My dad loved 90s music, so he has a ton of cassette tapes of almost any artist you can think of. I really love listening to them and the fact that my dad used to listen to those made them more special.

My train of thoughts was brought to a halt when Hallie texted me:

Hallie: " Hey remember I asked you to drop me off to Hazel's party?" so I replied,

me: "yeah I do, I was thinking I could drop you off by 8:00?"

Hallie: Well you don't have to I'm going with Owen.."

me: " Owen Moore?"

Hallie: " yup, He insisted."

Owen was a popular guy. He was what looked like the best friend of Hazel's boyfriend and a good friend of Hallie as well.

me: " but you're still coming over to get dressed right?"

Hallie: " Of course Olive, I'll be there by 5:00 okay?"

me: Okay

We didn't talk after that but I did receive a text from mom saying that she would be staying at the hospital as the ER was packed she told me to grab a few bucks and eat out as we were out of groceries. 

Hallie was home by 5:00 just as she had told me. We started to get her dressed and were done just in time.

" Is Owen gonna pick you up?" I asked her.

" Yeah I'll call him and explain where your house is apparently" she replied.

"He'll pick you up from my House!?",

"Well, then Whose? Mine!?"

" True " I replied and then thought it was dumb of me to even ask that, of course, Hallie was at my house, where else would he pick her up from?! but I just let it go. Although this meant that Owen knew that he was coming to my house and now I would have to do this thing of greeting him which made me quite frenzy in a restless and scary sense but I just told myself that there was no need to be worried about it, he'll just pick Hallie up and we'll never talk to each other again.

Owen arrived almost 15 min after Hallie had called him.

"Hey, Olivia! Wow, she really is breathing" he told Hallie who was now laughing.

"Yeah, still alive" I replied back.

" We should hang out sometimes you know?" he replied, " Actually, my mom is organizing a dog washing fundraiser , would you both be free on Friday? We could Hang out."

I was starting to deny but Hallie jumped right in "We would love to!" she said.

"Well then see you on Friday Olivia, we should get going now or we'll be late" replied Owen.

"Bye, have fun you both," I said. Hallie hugged me goodbye and they went their way.

Later that night, I came home at around 11:00 pm after dinner. I was studying in my room when I noticed around midnight that something was blocking my window and when I looked closely it was not something but rather someone. I was gonna belabour that person with my fist until I noticed who he was, Aaron Parker, Hazel's boyfriend. But what business did he have that he came to my house which was nowhere near Hazel's residence? Did he even know who I was?

Well we did have math together at school but we never talked to each other. He came in through the window, he looked at me, he was drunk I knew it, I could smell the alcohol on him, he was coming close to me, he whispered something which I couldn't hear. He then passed out, right there in my room. Aaron Parker was in my room, passed out. I was pretty sure I was dreaming right then but why the hell did it feel so real?