Zachary Levi; Broadway

You had just fulfilled a lifelong dream, to star in a Broadway play. You were so excited and then that excitement doubled when you learned that none other than Zachary Levi would be co-starring with you.

Rehearsals were going well and next week was your premiere showing. So, tensions were high and you were feeling the pressure. Zach, who had become a good friend, was however strangely relaxed. You needed his tricks of the trade so you visited his dressing room after a break was called to work on a particular dance number, not including you two.

You walked up to his room and knocked.
Zach: "Come in."
You open the door to find Zach glued to a mini TV playing a video game.

You: "Hey you!"Zach: "Hey Y/N

You: "Hey you!"
Zach: "Hey Y/N. What's up?"
You sigh.
Zach glances over to see you sit down in a chair. He must have noticed your less than perky self and paused his game. He swivels around to face you.
Zach: "You need help with something?"
You: "In fact, I do. How do you stay so calm when opening is next week?"
Zach smiles.
Zach: "Ahhh. Pre-premiere jitters. Well, I try to find a reason to not think about how nervous I am."
You: "But you are nervous?"
Zach: "Of course. Everytime I walk out on stage I get nervous. But, if you're not nervous, you may become callous to the thrill of it all."
You look at him confused.
Zach: "If I'm nervous that means that I care about my performance. I'll be more in tune with how I'm feeding off the audience and remembering my lines."
You: "That makes sense. But how do you get your mind off of your nerves before walking out on stage."
Zach: "Honestly, I go to my happy place. I get to that safe spot in my mind and walk forward until I'm where I'm supposed to be on stage."
You nod.

Time Skip...
You were about to make your first appearance on the Broadway stage on premiere night. Zach had just exited the stage and stood behind you as both of you would have to enter together. Your hands were clammy and shaking. Zach must have noticed.

He grabs your shoulders and turns you around to face him.
Zach: "Remember. Happy place."
You close your eyes and take a deep
breath. The first thing you think of was your mother. She was always who you ran to for encouragement and protection. Specifically you would think of her baking in the kitchen of your childhood home. Then you thought about your brother's wedding day. How happy he was. But then you veered into a new memory. You saw Zach sitting on the couch in one of the common rooms with his nose in a book. He looked so relaxed and at peace. You wanted to go to him. To cuddle into him. To kiss him.

You open your eyes and find Zach still staring at you. You smile.
Zach: "You find it?"
You: "Yeah." Smiling.
You turn around and head onto the stage, still thinking of Zach.

Time Skip
A few weeks later and what felt like hundreds of shows, you were in between showings. You had a matinee and then an evening show, but the break between wasn't long enough to rationalize going home. You decided to stay in the theater and relax before the next show. You did this often on two-show days, but normally you were the only one. Today, however, you were not. Zach had decided to do the same.

You found him throwing darts in the hallway that lead to both of your dressing rooms.

Zach: "Hey Y/N

Zach: "Hey Y/N. Wanna join?"
You: "Sure. You staying around today?"
Zach: "Yeah. I didn'r see the need to go home."
You nod and pick up a dart.
Zach: "So are you enjoying it?"
You: "What? Broadway?"
He nods.
You: "Absolutely loving it. You?"
Zach: "This has to be one of my favorite shows I've ever done."
You: "Really? Why?"
Zach: "Well, the script is great and I'm working with some incredible people."
He looks at you.
You smile.
Zach: "You can include yourself in that."
You smile and nod.
It is silent for a few minutes and you think back to that first show and the memories of your happy place. Recently, the happy place has been all Zach. You two hanging out at his apartment after shows. Him sitting next to you at every cast and crew dinner and meeting. His late night texts to make sure you made it home ok. Zach was your happy place.

You must have still been smiling as you threw your next dart.
Zach: "What are you smiling about?"
You snap out of it.
You: "Oh, just my happy place."
Zach: "Wanna tell me about it?"
You shake your head.
Zach: "That's ok. I'll tell you about mine." He stops and looks at you. "At first it was memories of my days on the set of Chuck goofing off with my cast mates. Then it went to my family: Christmases, weddings, lazy days. But just recently it has changed....
You couldn't stand not telling him. Him looking st you just feet away, so open and honest. You wanted him to yourself. You needed his lips on yours. You cut him off.

You: "My happy place is you."
Zach: "Y/N, my happy place is you."

You said this at the same time.
You both gape your mouths open at one another. Zach is the first to move. He walks toward you one step and you quickly close the gap. He places his left hand on the back of your neck and tilts your chin with his right hand. You place your hands on his chest and your lips finally touch.
..............................................................................................
Requested by littlemarooner222