Shawn Mendes; A Blessing

You and Shawn had been married for almost six years when your precious Annabella was born. You called her Annie for short. When you were pregnant with Annie, your third child, you were told there were some complications. As with any parents to be, you and Shawn were quite upset about that statement. The doctors said that Annie's blood test results at the last appointment showed a duplicate chromosome. She was then diagnosed with trisomy 21, or better known as Down Syndrome.

You were crushed at first. So was Shawn, but not so crushed to accept the doctor's next offer. He simply stated that you had plenty of time to terminate the pregnancy, or have an abortion. You looked to Shawn in almost desperation. Shawn looked into the doctor's eyes and simply said, "That won't be necessary." You started to weep. Had you done something wrong? What would the future hold?

You looked up to your husband and saw a peace on his face that was reassuring.
Shawn: "That little angel is going to be such a blessing in our lives, I just know it."
You nod as he kisses your temple.

You spent the remainder of your pregnancy researching Down Syndrome and talking with doctors about ways to help your child. You were determined to not let the syndrome define your child, but to roll with the punches and embrace the situation. You were already in love with Annie before she was born, but when she arrived, you knew that Shawn was completely right. She was a blessing.

Three years later, you were working mainly from home and Shawn was taking less and less tours. He loved his little family. Your seven-year-old twins, Maddox and Kiley were thriving in their academics and it looked as if Kiley had inherited her daddy's musical ability.

Then there was three year old Annie

Then there was three year old Annie. She loved you, but her daddy was her everything. She loved him with everything in her. He was her prince, her hero, her love. He ate it up. He spent as much time with his kids as he could and you loved watching him live a dream of his out, to be a father.

You were called away on a business trip for the company you worked for. The trip was only going to be for three days, but you still hated leaving Shawn with the kids for that long. But you had all the faith in the world that he would be fine. He kissed you sweetly as you walked out the door and scooped up Annie into his arms. She smiled and said, "Momma bye."
Shawn laughs.
Shawn: "Yeah, but that means Annie and Daddy can eat all the ice cream they want."
She looked surprised for this statement and clapped her hands. He just smiled at her and started tickling her. You got into your car listening to the giggles of your youngest baby and your lovable teddy bear of a husband.

Time Skip
You couldn't take it you had to Facetime Shawn. You missed your family, granted it had only been 48 hours since seeing them. You quickly Facetime Shawn. He answers and you immediately see that he is in the middle of something.
You: "Do I need to call back?"
Shawn: "Oh, no. Just give me a second. I was just giving Annie a bath and she just got out of the tub."
You smile.
You: "Hi, Annie!"
He picks up his phone and flips the screen to her.

Shawn: "Smile for Momma

Shawn: "Smile for Momma."
She grins wide.
You: "She's too precious."
Shawn: "Well, how's the trip?"
You: "I'd rather be home."
Shawn flips the screen back to him. You see that his hair is dripping wet.
You: "Why are you all wet."
Annie laughs.
Shawn looks down toward Annie.
Shawn: "Well, our precious daughter decided it would be funny to get her father soaking wet while playing in the bathtub."
Her laughter grows.
You start to chuckle.
Shawn: "You think that's funny munchkin?"
He smiles at her.
You smile at him.
You loved moments like these and couldn't wait for the future.