Charlie Puth: Beach Reset

Charlie was one of the most talented yet random people you knew. He was kind and compassionate, but totally quirky. Lately he had been working all hours of the night trying to produce and write some new music; you knew this because Charlie was your boyfriend and you were living together.

You had started off as friends but that didn't last very long as both of you knew you had feelings for each-other. The chemistry was palpable.

You were so excited because two weeks ago Charlie had decided, on a whim, to book a rental house at the beach for two weeks. You knew that meant he needed a breakthrough and change of scenery. And you were happy that he decided to take a like mini vaca in order to do that. Especially since you weren't enjoying sleeping by yourself every night for months.

The morning came and you were surprised to wake up to Charlie on the phone in his office. Normally you would find him asleep at his desk laying on his keyboard. The conversation sounded a little heated, but you decided to try to not eavesdrop. You got out of bed and headed for the shower.

You stripped down and hopped in. A few minutes later you heard Charlie open the door. Seconds later you were joined in the shower, which sounds sexy. But with Charlie right now, you weren't being seen as desirable. He needed comfort and companionship. So you did your shower routine, neither of you making contact or talking. Charlie hummed several different melodies. Even when he wasn't "working" he was working. You hopped out first and wrapped yourself in a towel. He followed right behind you. You were shocked when you felt him wrap his arms around your midsection from behind.

Charlie: "Ready to vaca, Beautiful?"
You smiled and turned to kiss him.
You: "Of course, Baby."
He let go and walked to your room.

You arrived at your rental house six hours later.

You were both tired from the traveling and made your way to the bedroom

You were both tired from the traveling and made your way to the bedroom. For the first time in months, Charlie followed you and you both cuddled up in bed.

Charlie slides up behind you as the big spoon and winds his arms around you. You sigh and relax into him. It felt good to be held by him in bed again. Was he.... sniffling?

You whisper: "Honey, are you ok?"
He sniffles a little harder. "I'm sorry."
You wriggle free and turn to face him. He was crying. Tears were streaming down his face. You cup his face with your hand and wipe a tear away.
You: "What's wrong, Honey? Talk to me."
Charlie: "I'm just so sorry."
You: "Why, Babe?"
Charlie: "I've not been who I want to be for you the past few months. It just hit me so hard when I felt you relax when I snuggled into you. You've been so patient with me. And I don't think I deserve that." He starts crying a little harder.
You: " Oh, Honey." You maneuver yourself so that he is resting in your lap. "I've never once thought you weren't enough or that I deserved better. There have been times these past few months that I've reminded myself to be patient. I'd be lying to say that I have succeeded in being patient. But isn't that part of a relationship? Trying to figure each other out and how you fit together? We're doing just fine. There's no one I'd rather be with." You kiss his forehead.

He brings your lips to his. And you are intimate from the first time in months.

The next few days are spent in pure bliss. It's like when you first started dating all over again. Charlie decided to put his work away unless something came to him in the moment and he would use VoiceNotes to record it. But you spent the majority of your time together. Laughing. Swimming. Cuddling. More than cuddling.

And you got your Charlie back

.................................................................................
As requested by SparkyMarie777