Zachary Levi; The Cabin

Zach: "Honey! Honey! Wake up!"
You feel yourself lunging forward as sweat and tears are pouring down your face. You start to panic and hyperventilate.
Zach throws off the covers from both yourself and him and shifts to cradle you in his arms. He starts to rub your back and whisper soothing words.
You had been dealing with horrific nightmares for the past three months. It started after a man had broken into your and Zach's house and tried to snatch you from the bed. Little did he know your husband wouldn't dare let anything happen to you. After a huge scuffle, a knife, some stitches, and a police report you found yourself back at home with Zach. But every time you would drift off to sleep, you were being dragged out of bed by your hair and told if you screamed Zach would die.

You knew Zach was struggling with all of the trauma of that night too. You had both been going to therapy. Zach had also hired some professionals to make the building more secure.

As you sobbed into his shoulder you couldn't help but feel terrible. You knew you were safe. You knew Zach was there. You just couldn't rest well in the house.

As you calmed down, you pulled away from your hubby and said you were sorry.

Zach: "Now you quit! I'm so sorry you can't escape the nightmares." He pulls away for a second to looking into your eyes. " I have an idea. Let's get away for a few days."
You: "But, Honey, we already made plans wit- "
Zach: "I'll tell her we can't and we need to spend a few days away. I'm sure my sister will understand."
You: "Are you sure?"
Zach: "Absolutely. I think we both need it. We'll count it as a late anniversary trip." He chuckles.
You giggle as you are still sniffling, "But, Babe, our anniversary was six months ago.... and we went on a trip then too."
Zach hugs you close. "We don't need a reason to go and enjoy some time away."

The next day you load up the car and head to a remote cabin in the mountains. Normally you would go to a beach or a city, but you think Zach knew it needed to be somewhere a little slower paced this time.

You arrive at your home away from home for the next week.

You step out of the car and immediately your body begins to relax

You step out of the car and immediately your body begins to relax. You catch Zach watching you and you smile at him.
You: This is perfect.
Zach: You're perfect.

You both head inside.

The next morning you wake up to the sound of birds chirping. After stretching and going to the bathroom, you head down stairs in your nighty and find Zach already dressed and ready for the day.

How did he always look so dang good?

He opens his arms for you to walk into them. He embraces you.
Zach: You slept all night last night.
You hadn't even realized that you didn't wake in a panic. You felt like a new woman.

You pull away and tilt Zach's chin up so you could see his face.

You don't say a word, you just lean down and let your lips connect.

And that was the start of healing.