Drew Starkey; Dream Come True

Drew: "Let me carry that for you, Babe."
You: "Drew, Honey. I can carry a small bag of clothes into the house. I'm not made of glass."
Drew looks at you a bit hurt.
You: "I'm sorry, Baby. I'm just tired and ready to rest in my own bed. Please forgive me?"
Drew: "Of course, I forgive you. You just pushed our baby out of you and haven't had a full night's sleep since then. I swear those nurses knew exactly when you would fall asleep to come back in and need you to do something."
You watch as he shifts Lila's car seat from one arm to the other and readjusts the diaper bag and duffel bag.

You: "Let me get the door for you, Honey."
You maneuver around him on the sidewalk and grab your keys from your pocket. You hobble up the stairs and unlock your front door. You get inside and turn around to watch Drew carry Lila into the house for the first time, out of the womb.

Drew's smile is from ear to ear as he sets down his baby girl and comes over to you with his arms wide open

Drew's smile is from ear to ear as he sets down his baby girl and comes over to you with his arms wide open. You walk into them and relish in your hubby's scent and in the warmth of his hugs. You pull away slightly, enough for you to kiss him gently.

Drew: "This is so surreal."
You: "What?"
Drew: "I have a wife and a daughter? Like it's blowing my mind a little that I get to live out a dream of mine since I was a teenager. There were days I never thought it would happen."
You kiss him again, this time a little longer and more passionately.
You: "Drew Starkey, you are my dream come true."
Drew kisses you lightly and smiles. "And you're mine."

The next few hours are filled with Facetime calls to family and friends. You've nursed once and each of you have broken in the changing table in the nursery. You laid Lila down for a nap and were headed back to the living room to have some alone time with Drew finally. You walked in and quietly approached the couch he had laid down on.

 You walked in and quietly approached the couch he had laid down on

He was asleep. You just stood and watched him for a few minutes and realized you had a few tears sliding down your cheeks.

You were so grateful for such a strong, handsome, romantic, softy of a husband.