Zach Herron; Consolation Prize

Stranger: "Hey, you dropped something."
He didn't get up he just pointed to the ground.

You had lost an ear ring somehow while walking outside of your favorite open air restaurant

You had lost an ear ring somehow while walking outside of your favorite open air restaurant. You bend down to get the earring.
You: "Oh. Thanks! I would have completely not known until I got home, I'm sure." You continue to try to get the ear ring in. You were never good at this without a mirror.
Stranger: "Can I help you with that?" He had a very nice, friendly smile.
You nodded your head. "Yes, please."

He gets up and walks over to you. He brushes your hair away from your ear, which made you shiver, and gently put the ear ring back in your ear.

Stranger: "There you go. I'm Zach by the way."
You turn to face him and hold out your hand to shake his hand.
You: "I'm Y/N. It's nice to meet you."
You shake hands.

You weren't sure how to end this interaction. You weren't in a hurry to, but you always found it awkward to just stand and stare at someone you thought was cute.

Luckily for you, Zach was a great conversationalist.
Zach: "I, uh, didn't see you walk up with anyone. Are you planning on eating by yourself?"
You nod your head. "Yeah, I was supposed to have a date tonight, if I'm being completely honest. But I kinda got stood up, so I decided to treat myself to my favorite restaurant." You looked down a little embarrassed. You had waited at the other restaurant for an hour before giving up.

Zach: "That's wild, I was actually suppose to go on a date tonight too. It was supposes to start about forty five minutes ago. I don't think she's coming. Would you accept the consolation prize of dining with me instead?"
You looked up and he was beaming at you. He knew he was being coy. He was no consolation prize.

You hem and haw like you aren't sure whether to take him up on it for a few seconds.
You: "I suppose since we're both here, that would be reasonable."

Zach kinda nudges you with his shoulder. He knew you were being sarcastic.

The night was wonderful. You laughed and talked about life. By the end of the dinner you had already scheduled a second chance at an official "first date." Your Uber was pulling in and Zach walked you back to the front entrance of the restaurant.

Zach: "Thank you for a wonderful evening. I'm looking forward to Sunday."
You lean in and kiss his cheek. "Thanks, Zach for being such a gentleman and making the night so much more enjoyable." You pull away and start to walk to the Uber. You glance back and give him a wink before getting into the back seat.

As requested by SilleGilling

.................................................................................
As requested by SilleGilling