「Phase 03」Shining! The Celestial Star!

Start from the beginning

─── 。゚☽: * .♡. * :☾ ° . ───

"Mai, wake up~" Mai continued to clutch on her pillow, refusing to leave the world of dreams. She was finally the Celestial Star and having her debut stage. The audience was completely full, with Sachiko and Tsubaki cheering her on at the front.

"Mai, come on. We need to go!" Tsubaki's cheers in the dream turned into her urging her to wake up.

"But it's the weekend, we don't have classes..." Mai muttered drowsily, not with reality yet. Tsubaki grew increasingly frustrated.

"Yes but Hikaru-kun's putting on duo competition today! I can't go by myself, and we both need the tickets!"

Mai sprung up in alarm before pouting. "You didn't tell me it'd be today!"

Tsubaki clasped her hands together in apology. "I'm sorry for the short notice, but please Mai! I want to watch Rina's live with you, and I'm not sure if Hikaru-kun has enough tickets to put on multiple competitions. Please, I got us permission to leave school grounds and everything!"

Mai's eyes widened, remembering a conversation she had with Sachiko.

"But, you have to promise to come with me to her debut as the Celestial Star in a few weeks!"

"No buts. It's a promise, and friends don't break promises. If you do, I'll just assume you don't want to be friends anymore~."

Mai looked down for a moment, before standing up, determined. "Let's go then! I made a promise to watch Rina's debut live, after all!"

Tsubaki was confused for a second before grinning. "Come on, there should be a car outside waiting for us!"

Tsubaki started to head out, and Mai followed. Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the time: 6am. The young girl started to wonder if idols were always awake so early. It seemed difficult to do everyday. She turned to the door once again and walked out of the room into the corridor. It was quiet, dark, and cold, and yet there were quite a few second and third years there, although they were quietly leaving for their jobs.

"Do idols always wake up so early?" Mai asked in a quiet tone.

Tsubaki nodded in reponse. "It doesn't happen often with first years, but by the time you're in your second year you usually have so many auditions and work lined up you have to, or you won't have enough time to do everything you need to."

"Seems difficult...."

"It's the price you have to pay as an idol." The two continued to walk in silence until they eventually arrived outside. Spotting a car at the front gate, Tsubaki ran over, as Mai followed suit. The driver pulled down the window, and Tsubaki shown him her student ID.

"First year, Shimura Tsubaki, here for an audition!" She stated, nudging Mai to encourage her to do the same.

"First year, Amamiya Mai! I'm with Tsubaki!" She copied, also took out her ID, and the driver nodded.

"Come in." He said as Tsubaki opened the door, and the two climbed in. Mai looked around in awe.

"It's so nice in here~!" She exclaimed.

"Of course it is! Celestial Academy has created some of Japan's top idols! They're not going to go the cheap route." Tsubaki stated before smiling. "But, you're right. It is nice." Mai giggled, relaxing into the seat Then, another question popped into her head.

"I'm surprised we're even allowed to leave."

"Of course we are. We're going to an audition. If we weren't allowed to, we wouldn't be able to be idols!" Tsubaki crossed her arms and pouted.