I Do

Chapter 21

Nathalie

I shift in the bed I'm currently sleeping in and pull the pillow closer to my body. I inhale deeply and when I expect to smell my scent or even Rose scent there is nothing but freshness. Something similar to a clean hotel bed. But, why would I be in a hotel bed and not my own? I immediately lift up and I groan when throbbing pain reaches my skull. I slowly lay my head back down on the soft pillow and keep my eyes shut.

"Oh no." I say to myself. I didn't like hangovers and my biggest fear is not remembering what happened the night before. I couldn't remember anything. However, my head is pounding and my body is sore. I inhale and exhale for a few minutes before trying my best to remember the events of last night.

I get as far as the beautiful dinner and the surprise bachelorette party. "Fuck." I lift up again my eyes widening in fear. "I'm getting married."

I throw the heavy comforter off my bed and move out of the bed. I trip onto my feet and fall onto my face. I groan in pain and continue to lay on my stomach because the room is spinning so fast that I can barely keep up.

Memories of boarding school flood my brain. I remember when this use to be nothing. My body could consume bottles of vodka and I could wake up the next morning and Ace a Physics final. All the friends that I thought were my friends would be jealous but they would give me pretend smiles and fake congratulations.

"This is not the same." I mutter to myself.

The door opens, I lift my head, and my eyes fall onto Viv. She is dressed in a beautiful gown and she hurries toward me before helping me to my feet. "Thank God." She mutters. "You're awake." Before I can question anything she is dragging me to the bathroom and helping me out of my clothes and pushing me into the shower. "Hurry up." She screams after me before shutting the door.

I shower as fast as I can and when I step out the shower Viv is dragging me into the main room. "Here." She hands me a crystal glass. I take a whiff and almost gag instantly. "It will help." She tells me. "A shot of vodka will cure the hangover." I groan and hold my nose before throwing the shot back.

Three women walk through the door and start to work on my face and hair. The blow dryer is loud and even through Viv is close I cannot come to ask her what happened last night. However, I squeal to myself and butterflies build in my stomach as I think about my wedding that is only a few hours away.

Finally, the blow dryer goes off and Viv hands me a bottle of water. She takes a seat across from me and I finally ask, "What happened last night?"

Viv laughs instantly and I turn a dark shade of red. I pray I didn't embarrass myself. "We bar hopped, you expressed your love for Rose, and then you defended your future wife honor by hitting a man with your expensive ass purse."

I cover my mouth in shock. Viv gives me the story in more detail as the girls make up my face and polish my nails. I lift up and laugh to myself as she finishes. "I can't believe I did that." I pause. "I can't believe I said all that."

"You did." Viv replies with a huge smile on her face. She shrugs. "He deserved it."

I approach my wedding dress that's hanging next to the huge window. It's almost time and my nerves are kicking in but the joyful butterflies cannot wipe the smile off my face. I squint my eyes when I see two bodies rushing out the estate. "Sam?" I question out loud and Viv steps closer me. "Rose?" I question also as I watch the two of them run toward a parked car. Rose trips on her feet and fall on her face. If I wasn't so confused at the moment I would laugh at how crazy she looks right now. Sam stops and turns around before smacking her forehead. She rushes toward Rose and helps her to her feet.