You Deserve Better

Chapter 6

Sam

I walk into the bar with Tessa at my side. She told me earlier that this place served the best burgers. I couldn't help but to agree and come. I loved food and I loved burgers. We get a booth in the far corner and I look around and notice this place didn't look too bad. There are posters and graffiti plastered all over the wall, in the corner is the bar rail with people sitting on metal stools, and a stage. It looked cool. My type of spot.

I pull out my laptop and Tessa arches her eyebrows before chuckling, "You're going to give yourself a migraine, Sam."

I frown. "Its due tomorrow night." I run my fingers through my red curls and tap away on my laptop. I was trying to recreate a building and follow the instructions our professor assigned but the project was more difficult than I thought. Tessa sits across from me looking over the menu. "Curly fries or Onion Rings?"

"Onion Rings." My mouth instantly waters. I look up. "They have Onion Rings?" I question.

Tessa chuckles, "Yeah! They're really popular. I think I'll go with curly fries though."

I ignore my assignment for a few moments and begin to look over the menu. "Wow." I mutter to myself. Tessa leans over the table and glances at what I'm looking at. She gives me an odd expression before smiling. "That's what you want?" She questions.

"Yes." I say instantly.

She laughs again. "Anything for you." She finishes with a wink.

The server finally approaches our table. She apologizes for the wait and ask what we want to drink. The both of us order beer and then we begin to order, "I will like the Chicago with no lettuce or tomatoes and an extra side of barbeque sauce." Tessa says.

"Side?" The server questions.

"Curly fries with cheese."

Tessa finishes and then the servers glances at me. "Um." I clear my throat. Usually Miranda would order the food unless we were at one of my places. I shrug. It's seems to be near impossible to not think about her. "I want the Rancher with extra mozzarella cheese, loads of your famous house sauce, and extra bacon." I finish. "With onion rings."

The server arches her eyebrow and Tessa is laughing. I look at the both of them in confusion. I almost blush embarrassed. Everyone I hang around understood my huge appetite. "I really appreciate food." I explain.

The server nods and walk away. Tessa continues to laugh and I roll my eyes playfully before opening my laptop to work. Tessa groans, "Sam. Come on." She whines. I look up and she gives me a playful pout. "We should be enjoying ourselves."

I chew on my bottom lip. "I don't mean to be rude..."

"You're not." Tessa replies. She gets up and move next to me. Closer. "I shouldn't have pressured you here when you had tons of homework to complete. I just couldn't help myself."

Before I could respond she's grabbing my laptop and tapping onto the screen. We work on the assignment together and it's complete in no time. "I have a lot to learn." I say shutting the laptop.

"You learn as you go." Tessa shrugs. "I'm just lucky my mom let me play around on her programs when I was a socially awkward teenager."

"No way." I mutter sipping my beer. "I don't believe you."

"I'm serious." Tessa smiles. She flips her jet black hair and I take notice to how long and straight it is. "I didn't come out of my shell until my senior year of high school."