Red Petals

Chapter 11

Miranda

I watch my daughter pace back and forth. She has on her thinking face and she's standing in front of the mirror with a beautiful gold gown. She turns around, "Do you think the gown is too much?" '

I stand and give my daughter a tight hug. "You look beautiful, darling."

Nathalie smile turn big and bright, "Really. I want this engagement party to be perfect. Rose is inviting her parents and Sam family is coming too, oh and granny and grandpa. I'm just really nervous."

I move a strand of hair out of Nathalie face, "There is no reason to be nervous, sweetheart. Everything will be perfect."

Sam walk into the room with bagels and coffee. She stops and grin, "You look good." She smile and then yawn into her mouth. She take a seat on the couch next to me. We've been here for hours. This has to be the thirtieth dress Nathalie has tried on. Sam passes me one of the cups and I begin to sip and smile at the perfection inside the cup. Sam begin to unravel her bagel and I crinkle my nose at the extra cream cheese. She devours it anyway. I roll my eyes and then stare up and down her body. She was wearing athletic apparel and I arch my eyebrow and wonder how she can keep her body so tight and eat the way she does.

"I think I'll go with this one." Nathalie finally make a decision after looking at herself in the mirror several more times. Sam phone begins to vibrate and I notice her face and I lean over to look at her phone. "Who is it?" I ask annoyed.

Sam shrug her shoulder and lock her phone, "Tessa." She answers.

I roll my eyes, "Do she ever learn?"

"I guess not." Sam reply. "She's been apologizing but I've been ignoring her."

"Let me see." I ask.

Sam chuckle and unlock her phone, "Chill babe. Stop being crazy."

"I have all the reasons to be crazy." I say before reading through all the messages. Sam laugh again and then move to go talk to Nathalie. All the messages pretty much say the same thing. "I'm sorry. I messed up. I was drunk. I do respect your relationship. I'm so stupid." You are stupid. I think to myself. I continue to scroll down and a few messages catch my attention.

We need to finish this final project.

-Tessa

I walk over toward Sam and Nathalie and the two of them is laughing about something. I purchase the gown and we head out the store. Sam yawn in her hand again and we ride in the car back toward the house. Nathalie and Sam talk the whole time and I still have Sam phone and it vibrates again.

Sam. I know you're mad but we will fail the class if we don't finish this project. Text me back please.

-Tessa

I huff. It was literally impossible to get rid of this specimen. She was like a pet that wouldn't go away. We arrive to the house and Nathalie disappears to find Rose. Sam and I walk to Sam bedroom and she showers before coming out of the bathroom and collapsing on her bed. She buries herself underneath the covers and then pat the other side. "Come here." She say. I slowly take off my clothes before getting into the bed next to her. She immediately pull me closer and she's asleep.

I lay there and think to myself if I should go on campus and convince Sam professor to make her change partners. I groan. Sam wouldn't want that. Plus, it would make everything more complicated because it's their final project. My thoughts continue to argue with each other and I give up before falling asleep. I wake up and Sam is halfway on top of me. She's only wearing a big shirt and her lace panties.