The Fishes Are Not Ready For The Killer Shark

Chapter 2

9 months ago! I think.

Sam

If you leave.... I won't be able to take you back.

I swallow and squeeze my fist in aggravation. I can hear Rose whispering behind the door. "She's been trapped in there for three days, Nathalie. You need to call Austin!"

I can imagine Nathalie shifting nervously. Debating if she should sacrifice her pride and call Austin. I'm too annoyed and sick to my stomach to even think about it.

I lay down and unlock my phone. Three messages from Miranda saying the same thing. "I love you" what type of shit is that? She leaves for no reason and send a stupid message like this.

I inhale through my nose and then try to exhale. I know what this is. I've been through it before. Gosh. I shut my eyes and bury myself further underneath the sheets.

It seems like forever but I hear someone at my door again. "When did she leave?" I hear someone voice. Then the knob is rattling. I turn over and ignore the sounds of someone trying to break into my room. Soon, the door is creaking open. I sigh.

"Sam."

It's Austin.

There is whispering and I can hear Nathalie protesting. "She needs me too."

"Nathalie come on." Rose jump in. "Let Austin take care of her."

The door is shut again and my TV is being turned on and loads of rattling follows. I huff annoyed and turn around. There is Austin on his hand and knees hooking up the Xbox. I roll my eyes. "I just wanna be alone." I mutter. "Can you leave me in peace?" I ask.

Austin toss me one of the joy sticks and I surprisingly catch it. He then sit next to me and say, "I won't leave."

For some reason that statement alone forces me to break down in a fit of tears and unattractive crying. Austin pulls me close and I lay my head on his shoulder and together we shoot away the monsters.

[][]

My alarm screams and I wake up in a fright. I growl annoyed. Lately, everything has been annoying the fuck out of me. Two weeks without Miranda and my attitude was worse than Rose as of late. A soft knock on my door gets my attention. "I'm up Nathalie." I scowl.

The door open and reveals Nathalie with a smile and a plate in her hand. "Good morning."

"You changed my alarm." I snap. "It almost gave me a freaking heart attack.'

"I didn't want you to be late again." Nathalie replies. "Here. Eat."

"I'm not hungry " I mumble and hurry into the bathroom before slamming the door in her face. I turn on the shower and blast my speakers to drown out her screaming. Nathalie was trying. I know. She's my best friend and she only wants to help. But, seeing her face only reminds me of Miranda. Which makes me sick to my stomach. Two weeks without hearing her voice and I was slowly going into shock.

I hurry up and dress before grabbing my earplugs and heading for the door. Nathalie jumps from the couch and tries to stop me but I ignore her and hurry into the elevator.

The day proceeds in boredom and I chew on my bottom lip seeing all the multiple 'I love you' from Miranda. I wonder where she is? How's she's doing? Is she even sleeping? I scroll through my gallery and smile at all our pictures together.

She's probably on an island somewhere. Nah. She wouldn't go there. She hates the water not that she will ever admit it. She's probably hanging out in a nice, elegant, and spacious hotel room and sleeping wonderful. I frown and lock my phone in anger.