Hangover

Chapter 20

Rose

I hurry out the car and keep my head down and pray something will shield the sun. The dark shades I'm wearing is not doing the job. I wanted to puke but I didn't have time to think about certain actions because someone is dragging me by the arm and into the estate. I moan in pain because my body feels like someone drove a tracker over my body. I squeeze my head, shit, I need to puke. I continue to be dragged up a few more steps and my feet is barely keeping up. I'm surprised I haven't fallen face forward on the floor.

Finally, a door is being opened and I'm being pushed inside a huge room with bright lights and people everywhere. I'm thrown in the nearest chair. I sigh gratefully to be off my feet.

"Get her face and body together. We have thirty-minutes tops." Austin hisses looking around at the staff. "Now!"

My eyes widen, and I twist in my chair, looking around for the nearest bathroom. Austin really has become the mini Miranda. The staff scrambles quickly. Two holding my face and three in my hair. "Where is the bathroom?" I try to ask.

"No time." The young girl replies. "You're late."

The doors are suddenly pushed open with so much force it bounces off the wall. My heart beat against my chest aggressively. I didn't have to turn around to know who is entering the room. The heels clicking against the hardwood floor confirms my suspicion. I am royally fucked. The staff part like the red sea and Miranda walk towards me with a snarl on her lips.

"Where is my daughter?" She questions and her eyes are blazing in rage and if she could spit fire I would be ashes right now. I really need to puke. I think to myself. I hurry and stand, and Miranda moves quickly out my way. I hurry to the nearest bathroom and cradle the toilet as I release everything from last night. "Ugh." I spit. "I'm such an idiot."

I should have told Nathalie no.

I hear heels behind me and I don't even turn around, "Just kill me." I tell her. "Make it quick."

Miranda tap her feet against the floor and say, "You're going to get up right now and get your shit together because you promised my daughter a beautiful wedding and that is what you're going to give her. Hopefully, once she walks down the aisle she'll decide to leave you, but until then you will do any and everything to turn this disaster around."

I squeeze my head because of the harsh words that are hitting me like a wave of disappointment. Before I could say anything, Joy and Sam is rushing into the bathroom. Sam's eyes widen, "Oh shit. Hey Miranda." She squeaks. I'm guessing she is just as surprised as me to see the devil this early in the morning.

"This is your fault." I scream at her. If Sam would have not decided to go out. All of this could have been avoided.

Sam touches her chest in confusion and Miranda turn around and I smirk knowing the attention is off me. Joy comes further into the bathroom and hands me ginger ale and medication. I watch as Sam nervously rub the back of her neck as Miranda begins to question her.

"What the hell happened last night?" Miranda questions. "Why do you have a black eye? Why does Rose have a bruised cheek? Did you two fight each other and where the hell is Nathalie?"

Sam open her mouth but then close it, "What do you mean? Nathalie should be here."

"Use your brain." Miranda hisses. "She's not here."

Sam's eyes widen. "Fuck. She must never woke up." Sam's eyes widen even further. "That means she's still at the apartment. Sleeping."

Miranda inhales through her nose and I really think she's going to turn into a dragon and burn us all alive. She grabs Sam chin aggressively and snarls, "The wedding starts in thirty minutes and you're telling me my baby girl is trapped on the other side of town with no phone." Miranda pulls out her phone and tosses it toward the wall. It shatters. "If she's not back in twenty minutes. I will obliterate the both of you."