Before the Insanity

I bet I got you in those last few chapters, but ha ha! I such a little stinker...😝 Tell me what you think or comment, same thing. Anyway thanks so much for reading this!

I dedicate this chapter to KellyTong086!

Who is better, NaLu or GaLe?

********************************

Lucy's POV-A Few Minutes Before

I barely noticed Happy and Ellie activate the machine before my mind was screaming. Everything was tuned out except for the intense pain, it felt like every inch was being attacked by every element imaginable. It was all the different dragon slayer magic flowing inside me, but it was too much, I was going to explode. All this magic wasn't meant for two people, more like twenty. I was dying inside, everything was burning, freezing, ripped apart, drowned, scratched and bruised. It was excruciating, I wanted it to stop, I would do anything.

"L-Luc-cy..." My head snapped up hearing my name. I turned to see Natsu next to me, struggling in as much pain as I was. My heart seemed to ache as he tried to reach his hand out towards me, I did the same as our fingers barely brushed. This reminded me of the time we had met at the train station after he returned from Phantom Shadow, it seemed so long ago but it was really only a few hours ago. Since both our hands were cuffed we this was all the movement we could do, but also my muscles felt like lead.

Slowly I felt my eyes getting heavier and my body lighter, my consciousness was slipping. No, I couldn't let myself go, once I did it would be the end. I wasn't going without fight, but I knew I couldn't stop inevitable. I took one last look at Natsu, I wanted him to be the last thing I saw when I left. I didn't get to tell him but, he was my life too. As my vision blurred and swayed, my head dropped. My body was on fire, it felt as if it was going to implode at any second.

Suddenly a bright light filled the air, and the pain was decreased immensely. In fact I hardly noticed the pain at all! But why?! I opened my eyes to see that I wasn't in the dungeon anymore, but both Natsu and I were in the spirit world. I saw all my spirits, and other spirits I had never seen before. They were all there looking at us, smiling. Then I noticed the Spirit King standing tall over all. What was going on?!

"Hime, don't worry. We wanted to help you." Aries smiled

"The king had allowed all the spirits to take a little of the magic inside them." Loe explained.

"Finally punishment..." Virgo groaned in little pain.

"You mean...?" I couldn't finish my sentence.

"Yes, you may keep on living." The King boomed.

My eyes filled with tears, once again my spirits had saved my life. I could go on, live my life! Now I knew I was going to live life to its fullest. I was never going to give my life up that easily ever again, living now had a new meaning. It meant to have fun, spend it with those you love and be happy always.

I clutched my stomach, seeming that I couldn't stop crying. I just curled up, so happy that I would burst. Then I realized an awful thought.

"Wait! One day is six months in Magnolia, we have to get back! They still think we are dead."

Natsu's face filled with shock.

"Do not worry, you are only here mentally. Your bodies are still in Caliega." The King reassure us.

Relief flooded my body.

"But it is time for you to go back, the dragons are dead and you have both done a fine job."

We nodded, with a flash of bright light I opened my eyes to the dark dungeon of Phantom Shadow. But now the sight didn't seem dreadful at all, more endearing. One problem was that we were both still shackled to our compartments, when suddenly the clamps opened. My weak body having no support at all fell face forward, Natsu did the same. Looking around I saw an empty room, Happy and Ellie had gone. Leaving me and Natsu alone, weak and completely exhausted.

I caught myself still crying, I was alive and Natsu was alive, at the moment thats all that mattered.

"Luce, you shouldn't cry. You look much better when you smile." He stroked the side of my face.

"But I'm crying because I'm happy." I chuckled.

"See? Theres that smile, just keep looking like that." He grinned.

I sighed. When did he become so sweet?

"Natsu?" He turned to me. "Was that what it was like to die?"

His eyes went wide, then he grabbed me into a firm embrace.

"I don't know, but to me the whole time all I could think about was you."

At that moment I felt so selfish, the whole time I was there all I was thinking about was how I didn't want to die. I didn't even think about how Natsu was feeling at all! As we laid on the stone floor, in each others arms, I cried, cried my heart out. It was something I had wanted to do all week, but I had kept them back. But now was the perfect moment with the right person. He just stroked my hair and held me tighter.

"Shhh...its alright." He whispered in my ear.

After a few minutes of my noise, I slowly calmed down.

"Natsu?"

"Hmn." He hummed in response.

"Did you mean it?"

"What do you mean?" He asked, confused.

"Did you mean what you said before, do you really love me?"

He seemed shocked by this.

"Of corse I do, why would I lie about something like that? "

My tears started to fall even harder.

"I do too." Burying my face into his chest.

We stayed like that, on the floor of the guild that destroyed out city, we just stayed there not able to move. Glad everything was over and everyone was safe and we were alive.