Together

Did you guys read the latest Fairy Tail chapter 400?! I just about died!!! I just scrolled threw the pages over and over for like ten minutes! I could believe that this was actually happening!!!

I dedicate this chapter to prettykitty280!

If you haven't read the chapter READ IT!

*********************************

Natsu's POV

I carried Lucy on back, she tried to tell me to let her down or that she was strong enough to walk on her own, but just by the tone she said these words in proves she was too weak. Yes I was tired and my whole body hurt, but Lucy was as light as a feather and I hardly noticed I was holding her. Even thought Happy and I made fun of her being heavy it was only because she was so tiny and light.

"Natsu...why are you so warm...?" I heard Lucy mumble from behind me.

She must have fallen asleep, good thing too, she had taken a beating and needed her rest. I sighed at her, she looked so peaceful, lying there on my back. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful she was as she inhaled and exhaled in her sleep. Her mouth was slightly parted and her arms laid limply at my sides as they rocked back and forth with my stride.

But I couldn't waste any time now, I had to get back to Phantom Shadow and reverse the machine, or thats what I got our of their confusing talk. I would rather do almost anything than go back to that horrid place, but apparently this was the only to be rid of the dragons.

I decided not to take the train all the way to Caliega so I just walked. But this time we had Happy and a strange new exceed with us.

"Hey, so who are you?" I asked the green cat that floated next to my head.

She looked shocked and a little taken back.

"I wouldn't expect you to know me, I am Ellie! Na Na's new exceed!"

"Who's Na Na?"

"Ellie's nickname for Lushie." Happy stated dryly.

"Oh, well welcome to Fairy Tail Ellie!" I congratulated her arrival.

"Well, I'm not am official member yet. I was going to get stamped today but obviously that couldn't happen." She smiled.

"Who cares about the stamp, what matters is that you are a member in your heart."

She starred at me in shock, them smiled.

"Thanks...Noto!"

"Noto?"

"Yeah! Thats you name now! Noto!" I did not understand this cates way with names.

"Natsu?" My ears perked up in recognition of my real name.

"Lucy your awake!" She started to wiggle on my back. "Whats wrong?"

"Im still cold." She complained.

I starred at the ground as I tried to think of a way to keep her warmer. I had to keep walking and carry her at the same time, there was only so much I could do at once.

"Dont worry Na Na!" Ellie flew over and started to cuddle with the shivering figure of Lucy.

That was wonderful because somehow Happy had managed to injure one of his wings and couldn't fly, so he was hitching a ride along with the two of them. I was carrying all of their dead weight! I know I said before that Lucy was really light and that I couldn't barely feel it, well now she was starting to get pretty heavy. Especially because I hadn't started this journey with full health.

"Natsu, you don't look so good, why don't we take a little break?" Lucy offered.

"No, that will just waste more time."

Suddenly I felt myself being choked to death, I looked back to see Lucy on the other end of my scarf.

"Now you listen here Natsu! We will be useless if we get there exhausted and just end up getting captured. We need to save our strength to fight when we get there, not for the hike up there!" She yelled with force, but sadly this took up all the remaining energy she had left and her face went completely pail. But she stayed focused and determined.

She was right though, also I guess it wouldn't hurt to take a small break for a little while.

"Alright, we rest here. But only for an hour." I gave in.

Her face softened and I could see her shoulders relax, knowing that I would get rest seemed to put her at ease. I jot to the nearest tree, placed Lucy, Happy and Ellie down gently in the grass and plopped down next to them. We all leaned out backs against the truck of the tree, tired and wiped out, but Lucy rubbed her arms and chattered her teeth. She still must haven't have recovered from the ice dragons roar, by absolute instinct I folded my arm around her waist. She popped in shock like a balloon under my grip, looked up to me, but my gaze was anywhere but towards her and her expression loosened. She gave in and leaned her freezing body into mine, I flinched to the cold at first but then remembered that it was this cold I had to be rid of. So I placed her between my open legs and held her in both my arms.

"Thanks, Natsu..." She hummed as she started to fall asleep again.

I could live a lifetime like this. Not having to have any cares about jobs, money, dragons or if we had to fight again tomorrow. Just like this forever, I would stay...with her.

But things could stay this way and they would be in danger, fighting for their lives all the time I would worry every time that Lucy would leave and not come back. She has no idea how much I worry for her! It has no correlation that she is weak, it is that she is kind and brave, she would do anything to save someone pr something even if that would mean risking her life. Just like today those words she said about giving her life for Magnolia?! There was no way on Earthland I was letting that happen, she wasn't leaving my sight from now on. I would keep her safe, but I knew that I wasn't going to die either because you live for your friends. If I wasn't there for Luce, or for anyone, not even I would forgive myself.