Just the Beginning

My Wattpad account is doing something super weird!! Every time I save it erases everything I have just written, so it doesn't save, the only way I can write is start a new chapter save the original copy, then if I want to add more I have to copy and paste it into a new chapter and then add more to it there. I just have to name the chapter the same. Thats why it's taking me longer to update, SORRY!!!

I dedicate this chapter to cookies21000!

If you have a solution to this problem please tell me!

********************************

Natsu's POV

As I stood there I let the sun beat down on me, this wasn't just a few measly beams of light from a tiny bared window, or fake light from bulbs or fixtures, this was warm, natural, hot sunlight made from a burning ball of fire way up high. I always wanted to see the sun, but there was no way I ever would, it was too high but boy I would feast! And I was starving, they hadn't fed us very well in the last week. I was hungry enough to eat a whole towns worth of food!

But now we had to worry about getting back to Magnolia. I noticed that the door we just exited was on the side of the main entrance of the guild and right next to the building was a large forest area.

"Hey, guys! If we sneak that way we can keep unnoticed by any guild members." I jabbed my thumb to the trees.

They all stared at me with shock.

"What?"

"He just..." Wendy stuttered

"Good thinking!" Erza slammed her hand on my back, this sudden action sent a shock wave on pain through my spine.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Gajeel huffed.

In accordance to this response we sped off through the forest. My body was shaking from running and my breath was heavy and scattered, I was falling apart. Looking to the other dragon slayers they didn't look much better as we dragged behind the others.

"We have to get to the train station." Erza stopped as we collapsed to the grass.

"What are you all doing?! We cant rest here, its still too close to their guild. Once we get on the train we can stop. Now get up!" She yelled at us.

"But we don't even know where the train station is from the forest." Gajeel panted.

"I still have the map of Caliega, I hid it in one of my requip suits. So onward and forward!" She raised her hand in the air and charged.

Groaning we all stood to our feet and followed glumly. Shuffling our tired feet we emerged from the forest, for a moment the sun blinding my eyes, turning everything white. Slowly changing back to the normal light style as my eyes adjusted.

"According to this, the station is this way." Erza examined the map and lead us forward. She played follow-the-leader as we marched threw the town, trying not to be noticed. But this proved hard, for we were showing off our guild marks and were nothing but skin and bones, ragged beings. But later than sooner we arrived at the Caliega train station, bought our tickets and safely boarded.

While everyone else got to rest and relax, Gajeel and I were far from peace. I was going to kill this darn sickness! My head spun, stomach churned and vision twisted. This was the first time I asked Erza to put me out of my misery, I was so tired I wanted to sleep, but there was no way I could sleep like this. The only way seemed to be able to sleep naturaly in this state was when Lucy was there, but now she wasn't and I needed to get back to her. I placed a shaky hand on Erza's shoulder.

"Please..." My head slid from side to side.

She gaze me a look of astonishment, then sighed. Pain filled my swirling gut then everything stopped and I lay still on the seat. Happy to be at peace.

Grey's POV

Grey was shocked that Flame Brain actually wanted to punched by Erza, he must be pretty desperate to ask for that! He felt bad for all exhausted dragon slayers, this was the first time he had seen them so down right tired and helpless.

Wendy was leaned up against her seat with her head rested on Erza's shoulder, fast asleep, she looked so sweet as she slept. Gajeel had managed to end up under Natsu's seat, sprawled out on the floor trying to keep in the little amount of food he still had. On the other hand Natsu was laying on the bench above him, looking like a baby, practically drooling.

I sat bored next to Erza, though not moving my body was relaxing and gave it a sort of tingling feeling. I savored the feelin as I looked at the ceiling.

"You know whats happening, right?" Erza starred at the floor.

Grey realized what she was talking about and nodded his head slowly.

"So they told you too..."

Erza replied with only her silence. There were no needed to be said, the times were tight and nothing could describe the emotions they were feeling. He could only imagine what Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel are going through mentaly as well as physically.

Even behind closed doors and many stretches of hallways he was still able to hear the cries of all the dragon slayers as they screamed in pain. These pleads didn't stop, it continued for hours, it could only remind him of all the screams he had heard in his life. Every single one, the bad and the terrible. This memory will be lodged in his brain for the rest of his life, not as a happy one, but one he hopes that he will learn to forget.

"That is why we have to get back to Magnolia as soon as possible!" Erza spoke.

"Why? Its not like we can do anything to help, look at us. We are falling apart, how can we fight each other let alone kill a dragon?!"

"Don't you think I know that? But our guild and family is in trouble and we can at least be there to cheer them up. Also I still have some kicks left in me." She clenched her fist.

Grey sighed, of corse she would say something to that extent. No matter the time, place or circumstance she was always the same Erza. Truth be told he did miss the guild members, like Lucy and even Juvia. Sometimes her act could wear off on him, not that he liked her or anything, she was flattering. But Lucy, she was just like the little sister he never had, that all he ever really saw her as. Yes she was pretty, but he still could only see her as someone to look after constantly. Though he loved her like family that all she was.

The rest of the train ride was fairly quiet, minus Gajeel gagging and Natsu's snores. As all the other passengers were loading off the train, Erza woke up Wendy, Gajeel immediately arose from his dead state, but Natsu was still out on the bench. Great...he could carry him, he was already supporting Gajeels weight. When he thought of an idea, that he would most likely learn to regret, but for now he didn't care.

He made his hand as cold as he could, brought is high and let it come down his such for right on Natsu's cheek. He shot straight up holding his face in pain, served him right.

"What was that for ice pick?!" He shouted.

"I had to get you up somehow!" He explained.

"Well next time could you do it a little more gently?!" He was still enraged.

"Boys, enough. Time to go." Erza gave them a glare.

They obeyed and started walking towards the exit. But they were stopped from a horde of people flooding back into the train, screaming.

"Whats going on?!" Wendy hugged to the wall, trying not to be trampled.

"I-I don't know." Gajeel stammered.

Grey looked to Erza as she was staring out the window with a look of pure horror.

"They are running away..."

"What do you mean?" Natsu demanded.

She didn't answer, but just ran threw the crowd, pushing her way through to the end.

"Erza-san!" Wendy called after her.

They all shoved our way past al the panicked people, when they took one step off the train they wished they hadn't. Standing right in the square of the station was a dragon.