Tears and Joy

I don't really know who I ship with Mira, but I k ow its either Laxus or Freed. Because thats what I've seen in so many other places. But this chapter isn't supposed to be a ship moment, it just so happened to be that they were at the same place same time.

I dedicate this chapter to The_Name_Unicorns!

Please don't hate me if you don't ship them!

**********************************

Normal POV

The dark mass that formed a dragon had now risen, now wanting a part the action had proven more difficult than the rest of the other dragons, if that was possible. The team of reinforcements had done their job to help Lucy, but was now failing the second part of taking over her job.

The rules were absolute, only dragon slayers could kill dragons. Hence the name. But they were and wouldn't get any where with the man power they had. The only way they would be able to even lay a scratch on it would be if they had a dragon slayer, but they were all out of commission at the moment.

Everyone was trying their hardest, fighting with no avail. Their most powerful attacks bounced off, defeat hung in he air. In one way or another they all knew that they couldn't win. They're only hope was for Natsu and Lucy to get to the machine in time. It had been several hours and the dragons had taken half the city, already Elfman, Evergreen, Juvia, Levy and Laxus had been deemed unable to continue. Laxus from exhaustion, being the only dragon slayer they had left them useless. All that was left was Gildarts, Mira and Freed. They fought long and hard, but still nothing.

They were on their last strings, Mira about ready to collapse, Freed couldn't keep his eyes open and Gildarts whole body ached. They attacked together, sending a powerful wave on magical energy at the beast, making it merely stop in its tracks for a brief second.

"Nothings working!" Mira gasped for air.

"We can see that!" Freed clenched his teeth, not wanting to be distracted at the moment.

"Jut keep going!" Gildarts commanded.

They nodded solemnly and kept attacking persistently. Suddenly the dragon got tired of the little fairies attacking it and swatted one from the air with its clawed hand.

"MIRA!!!" Freed and Gildarts yelled as they ran to her.

She was falling from the air, being hit by the dragons claws, she transformed back out of her Satan Soul and into her pink dress. She landed on the ground with a sickening thud, her long, curly white hair sprawled out behind her. Freed was the first one to reach her and held her head in his lap gently.

"Mira!" He called her name, but she didn't answer. She starred up at the sky, she didn't seem to feel the pain anymore. She didn't want to be there, she wanted to go home, home to Elfman and Lissana.

"Wait, look!" Gildats cautioned tone sounded.

Freed looked up to where he was pointing to see in the distance a dragon roaring, but not in anger or rage, in pain! It thrashed around like a worm in a knot, trying to escape its horrid fate. But it abruptly came to a heart aching stop and fell the ground, making the earth rumble. Then one by one the other dragons started to repeat this act and die.

"Its over..." Mira breathed, tears filling her eyes.

"Those idiots did it." Gildarts starred at the smoke stricken sky.

"Is it really over?" Levy's weak voice came from the group of others.

Freed nodded his head. Levy smiled, tears in her eyes, tears of happiness, tears of joy.

"Looks like you were right." Juvia stated who lay next to her.

"Yeah, I just can't wait to tell Lucy." She smiled.

"You will...I want to see Grey-sama!" Juvia pursed her lips together and wiggled her injured body.

Levy couldn't help but laughed, it felt so good to laugh.

On the other hand Laxus just peered in the eyes of the dead dragon before him, guilt ran threw him. He wasn't able to save the city, help his friends or do anything. He was the only dragon slayer they had, he felt fake because he wasn't a genuine slayer. He was made from a lightning lakrama placed into his body at a young age, this was the reason he wasn't taken with the other dragon slayers. Phantom Shadow needed dragon magic and he had lakrama magic.

"Laxus, you shouldn't be sad. Everyone did their best and its over now." Mira smiled at him, seeming to read his mind.

"Dont be sad! Glad is MAN!" Elfman pounded a fist.

Laxus only shook his head and sighed at his friends, no matter what his mood they always had a way to cheer him up.

Happy's POV

The events of the last few seconds kept replying in his mind, over and over. Pain, terrible pain, screams suddenly stopped. Tears of sorrow and pleading, yelling names unmade out by ears. Now motionless bodies hung limply from their restraints, two people he once loved and never wanted to live without were now gone.

Happy turned to Ellie, she was sobbing, crouched down on the floor. He stomped down to her and hugged her shaking green fur, not stopping the tears that came from his own eyes.

"Na Na...no..." She whispered.

Happy couldn't even say anything, he was at a loss for words. Natsu was the one to raise him, it was his face he first saw when he was born and every morning after. Natsu had been his inspiration to never give up in life, always protect your friends no matter the consequences. He followed that rule to the end.

Lucy had been the mother he never had, yes, there was Lissana. But she never felt like a mother to him, Lucy was always nice to everyone even though she was hurting inside. She was always there for him, when he needed it. Happy had the one to bring her to Fairy Tail along with Natsu, he had a special bond with her, a bond never broken.

"Ellie, we have to go." Happy tried.

"No! I wont leave them!" She yelled.

"We have to, they told us to go back to the guild after..." He couldn't finish.

"But..."

"Please, Ellie."

She nodded slowly, brining out her wings and flying out the same way they had came. Happy took one last aching look back then followed with a heavy heart.