Reinforcements

It is supposed to be 107 degrees tomorrow! Thats 41.7 in celsius for you non-americans out there. It too hot hot hot!!! And I am still used to the snow where I wear jeans and a sweater in 12 degrees(-11.11 celsius) weather on a normal basis.

I dedicate this chapter to ChiSatO1!

Shout out if you are a snow person!!

*******************************

Mira's POV

Dragons...dragons...dragons.

This word kept repeating in her mind, she couldn't believe that there were dragons in Magnolia. Who could do such an awful thing? Kill innocent people and destroy an entire town? The thought was far in her mind as her goal was to get to Lucy as fast as possible, she was holding back all five dragons by herself? She must be suicidal.

"Happy, where exactly was Lucy when you left her?" She asked the injured cat rested on her head.

"She was right outside her apartment, but they have probably moved by now." He stated.

Happy was right, fights like this never stay in one place. She could be anywhere, all the dragons were spread out, so they didn't know which one she fighting at that moment.

"Charlie can you fly up higher to see if you can spot her?" Levy asked Charlie. She nodded and flew into the air.

They were running towards a cluster a larger buildings, supposedly the main square of Magnolia and when they all rushed in the were all stopped. Gasping in fear they froze, shaking.

There in front of them was the snout of a purple dragon, the stench of garbage still emanating from it. But Mira noticed something strange about it, it wasn't moving at all nor was it having any reaction to their presence.

"Wait, its...dead." She realized.

All the rest of the group turned to her in surprise.

"Looks like blondie is stronger than we thought." Laxus folded him arms.

"Ya..." Mira was suprised that Lucy had taken out a dragon by herself.

But they walked on searching and seeing all the precious places their memories had been made now in shambles or nothing left at all.

"I found Lucy!" They all looked up to Charlie out of breath hovering above them. "She is at the train station and Natsu is with her!"

Natsu?! He was back, did that mean his Erza and the others too or was it only him that escaped. Well, at least Natsu was with her now and she knew that he would do any thing to protect her.

They all ran to the station, but they were on the way opposite side of the city. It was no wonder Charlie had been out of breath. It would be quite a while before they reached her. Just hold on Lucy, we will be there, just don't die!

Lucy's POV

Natsu and I were standing back to back, water swirled around my fists and Natsu around his. Ellie had caught up with us and was standing at the ready next to our feet.

"Ready?" Natsu asked.

"Do I really have a choice?" I stated sarcastically.

He smirked at my joke.

But this moment did last long as the earth dragon had awakened again and charged Natsu. I stepped in front of him and blocked the attack with my water field.

He just starred at me in surprise, then snapped out of his trance and focused on the fight. The dragon attacked again, this time with it tail, whipping around causing me us to jump and dodge out of the way.

"Water dragons...ROAR!!" I threw my head forward and send a whirlpool of water right into its belly.

Natsu had my back and reacted immediately sending his iron fist into the side of its face.

The plant dragon sent a stream of green light across the ground under my feet and suddenly roots, vines and other such plants shot from the ground and was sent spiraling into the sky. I got tangled in the mess and was dragged up with them.

"Lucy!" Natsu called out to me.

All I could do was grit my teeth from screaming out in pain as all the thorns and spikes pierced my skin. They carried me higher and higher and soon I was face to face with the snout of the ice dragon. This was so far my least favorite dragon, I hated the cold in general, but this dragon to it to another level.

I opened its mouth as a white ball of energy slowly started to form, I dreaded this attack. But couldn't do anything about it either, I was stuck, stuck to take it and deal with it. I tightly shut my eyes as the blast hit me head on, not noticing myself screaming I felt cold. I felt frozen, like I couldn't move, like I was buried in 10ft of snow. I violently shook, everything was freezing and I couldn't get warm. Even the vines wrapped around me had turned to ice and they cracked and broke. I started to fall, but was caught in mid-air by Ellie.

She gently brought me to the ground and laid me down, but I immediately curled up into a ball, trying to save any warmth I had. My whole being was having a fit with itself as my breath was heavy and deep.

"Luce, are you alright? Lucy talk to me!" I could hear Natsu next to me, but I couldn't answer my mouth only made mumbling noises or chattered teeth.

Then warmth surrounded my rolled up body, it felt foreign and relaxing. I was so nice that I wanted to just grab onto it and never let it go. The heat lifted me up and started to move, I had an idea that this amazing source of life was Natsu. I tried to push my body closer to him, begging that the warmth wouldn't leave. I slowly felt myself stop shivering and now semi-more stable.

Feeling the ground being gently placed under me and curled my self again, not entirely out of my fit. Not exactly sure what was happening I opened my eyes to see Natsu huddled over me, like he was going to protect me from an oncoming blow. I was right too because there was a glow in the distance as I saw all three dragons ready their roar. Hopeless and out of magic I snaked my arms around Natsu and waited for death.

"Lightning dragons ROAR!!" A voice cried through the air as I saw lightning slam into all three dragons. They fell and halted their attacks.

Then mixed voices filled my ears, most of them were concerned and worry. I couldn't depict the voices, but only one, Natsu's.

"Something is wrong with Lucy, she's really cold, I don't know what to do!" He sounded close to a panic.

"Calm down, Natsu. Just keep her warm for now, let us handle the dragons. You two need your rest." The voice of a girl sounded.

"Alright, come on. Lets go knock some sense into these dragons!" This time a boys voice came through clearly, followed by the stomping of feet and a silence. Everything was quiet save for the crashing and yelling in the far distance, but to me everything was calm.

I opened my eyes to see Natsu still cradling me, he looked down and noticed my consciousness.

"Luce, your okay!" He smiled.

"C...c-cold..." Was the only word that escaped my mouth.

His eyes widened and frowned, bit held me tighter, his warmth flooding my frozen body. Letting the heat take over me I glanced over to the dragons to see the guild...well some of them. They had come to help me, they really did come after all. Tears streamed down to my cheeks, but felt like ice cubes on my skin. I could always count on my friends.